OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Smokey Grey Input!

Started by FireDoc, November 20, 2013, 05:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireDoc

Hey folks...

So I pulled my recent card from my Reconyx, and one bird in the large flock caught my eye. A very knowledgeable turkey fella feels it may be a hen, while I lean towards a Tom (which may be a biased opinion on my part due to the fact that I would LOVE to have one in my Trophy Room!  :icon_thumright:)

Below are the best pic's I have of the bird. So what say you, Hen or Tom?

(Side note: I do have multiple pics of a Smokey Grey Hen in my area, but she does not have as much dark coloration as this bird, and it is unheard of to have Smokey Grey Tom's in our area. Rare, but not never.)

Look forward to seeing what other folks think! Thanks!  :icon_thumright:

Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

jblackburn

I vote hen.

Hens will strut (and gobble, I promise) to show dominance to other turkeys.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Deputy 14

va wingbone

I've seen a hen gobble and strut once in 20 years its a freaky thing to witness. Doesn't have Jake tail feathers but it looks like it has too much bare skin in its neck to be a hen

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk

"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

va wingbone

I swear I believe its a gobbler, the turkey in the back has too much snood to a a hen too

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk

"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"