OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stoked for the late fall season!

Started by jblackburn, November 12, 2013, 02:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

Went on a scouting mission yesterday to look for birds for the late fall season that opens the 20th and I found a flock of 23!!  Most were hens and poults, but there were two of last year's jakes with 6 or so inch beards hanging out with them!  Hopefully I'll have a nice wild bird in the fryer for Thanksgiving this year!

I tried to get a pic with my phone, but they were just black dots on a hill!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Gooserbat

Quote from: jblackburn on November 12, 2013, 02:12:19 PM
Went on a scouting mission yesterday to look for birds...

I tried to get a pic with my phone, but they were just black dots on a hill!

Sounds like crows.   :toothy12:
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

jblackburn

Better than all those burnt stumps we locked the brakes up for this past spring!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Gooserbat

Quote from: jblackburn on November 12, 2013, 05:14:46 PM
Better than all those burnt stumps we locked the brakes up for this past spring!

Which time? 
Those turkey bushes get bad in April!
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.