turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Larry Benoit, hunter of big bucks, passes

Started by Rapscallion Vermilion, October 19, 2013, 12:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rapscallion Vermilion

Larry was one of my heros while growing up in New England.  Every serious deer hunter I knew, knew who he was and had heard the incredible but true stories.  I never knew his given name was Lanyard.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBIT_DEER_HUNTER

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/17/us/larry-benoit-babe-ruth-for-hunters-is-dead-at-89.html

Hognutz

I don't get the obit. Just a link to The Associated Press.
I have read his book many times, and have it in both hard and soft cover. That guy was the ultimate deer hunter. He used the same gun as me except mine was a 30.06 and he used a .270.
Rest in peace, Larry.. :cross2:

Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Rapscallion Vermilion

Hmmm,  can't tell why the link isn't working for all.
Added a second link --- to a NYT obit.

tomstopper

Big loss for the deer hunting sport for sure. I always loved reading about him & also his articles. Prayers & condolences for his family... :jesus-cross:

Hognutz

The second link works like a charm. Thanks for sharing..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

thundrchikin

IMO the best deer hunter to ever lived. I have a few of the Benoits dvd's more my style of hunting then sitting in a stand all day. RIP Larry.

mikejd

To me Larry will always be." The Best Deer Hunter in America". I look up to him and his family. I have read all there books many times over. I try to hunt in there foot steps. They are a great family and Larry will always be missed. It is good that his legacy is carried on with his children,grand children and even great grand children.

Larry, May the tracking snow always be fresh in your new home. R.I.P.

troutfisher13111

This saddens me. He was one of the few I would call a true legend.

chatterbox

A true loss in the hunting community. That man hunted the whitetail the way it was supposed to be done. I wish I had 1% of that man's skills. May he rest in peace.

danny

I have his book...read it many times.  bought it about 30 years ago...danny