News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Friday Devotional 09/27/2013 "Give it up!"

Started by BOFF, September 27, 2013, 07:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Matthew 6:33

33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

This week I was putting spark plugs in my wife's 2005 Toyota Highlander, after getting a quote of over $300.00 for the job. Me being rather old school scoffed at the cost, and reported to her I could do it myself. Well, I did do it, but it took around 5 hours.

What I didn't realize was the front three plugs were easy, but the reaming three were literally a pain in the back and knees. One had to remove the intake plenum and throttle body to get to the last three coil packs and plugs which were under it all. The problem, there were three bolts between the back firewall and the brackets holding the intake plenum in place, with around 3 inches of space between the two.

If you are like me and rather short, picture yourself balancing, hovering over the engine bay, with your knees on the front radiator bracket and car body, back being bent to have your hands feeling blindly, to replace the 3 bolts, while your forehead is wedged in the rear support of the engine bay and hood.

After literally an hour trying to get one bracket, bolt, and throttle body to line up, I gave up. My knees already having issues before I started the easy project were dented in with lines of radiator brackets. My knuckles were torn from tight places, and my temper had already passed with exhaustion and tiredness.

I gave up, and told the Lord then and there I couldn't do it, and the only way it was getting done, was with His help. I prayed, claimed the bolt fitting in, and started one last time, hovering, balancing, gritting teeth, and the bolt simply screwed in with little existence. I was not surprised, as I was too tired for any doubt. I simple praised the Lord, thanked Him, and finished the job.

How many things do You need to turn over to Him? How many things have you attempted to do by yourself to exhaustion, and just simply need to confess you are being selfish, and prideful, and let God handle it?

Heavenly Father,

Thank You for Your lesson You taught me this week. Thank You for You love, grace, and mercy. Thank You for always wanting to handle things for us, and being there to do so, when we turn them over.

We love You, and ask and pray these things, in Jesus name, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

misfire

How many things do You need to turn over to Him? How many things have you attempted to do by yourself to exhaustion, and just simply need to confess you are being selfish, and prideful, and let God handle it?

Pretty much everything David. Great message, thank you
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net