OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

# 7 Tongue & Cheek Caller.....JACKPOT!

Started by pappy, September 06, 2013, 01:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Number 7 Tongue & Cheek Caller made from some select woods including (sides) English Crotch Walnut, (back) Furniture Grade Mahogany, (ends) Tiger Striped KOA and (striking surface) some 150 year old Black Walnut that came out of an old Cabin in Wayne County Missouri, it was a mantle piece. The striker is Eastern Red Cedar from Van Buren Missouri. I put some curvature on this one, and angled the call from end to end 7/8" deep on the tongue end and 1- 1/4" on the port end. I am here to tell you this caller sounds AWESOME absolutely AWESOME and that is no BULL....call me I'll play her over the phone...pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

West Augusta

Now I see how those are run.  I was thinking scratch box but no.  You run the tongue with the striker.
Neat call Pappy.  They look great.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

pappy

yep, they are not as easy to pick up you have to find the sweet spot and can't veer off any for sure.
tel...573-380-8206

TarheelTurk

Those are neat Pappy !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

outdoors

:z-dizzy:  IM DUMB FOUNDED CANT SEE HOW YA PLAY THIS
DO YA REALY TUNGE IT OR YOU PLAY THE CUT OUT LIKE A TUNGE ?
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

pappy

In order to play the call you run it like you would a pot call. You create friction in an area just below the port hole on the tongue.
tel...573-380-8206

trb136

Pappy I ran your tongue call in Nashville...I liked the sweet music that came from that neat caller...Nice Job

owlhoot

Gawhitaker

She is mighty sharp Pappy, gotta get me one of those