turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

made my buddy a shooters box for his contests....pappy

Started by pappy, September 01, 2013, 03:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

vaturkey  ( Ricky) was telling me the other day he needed a box to hold his ammo in during the shooting contests he enters. We talked about it and then I headed out to the shop to see what I could come up with. I don't think he has seen it yet I sent him pics but I believe he is out shooting this afternoon. It is made from some of the driftwood walnut root burl we picked up last year and some paduak with the shell holders made from some old wild cherry I picked years back. took a piece of mammoth Ivory and transferred the shooter in prone position on it and inlaid it into the front of the box. Made the top with a little hump back to show off the grain and figure of the walnut. Box holds 100 22 cal. shells and room in between them to hold two extra 50 count bricks. I still have to do some sanding and finishing work on it and mount a couple earth mags to help keep it closed and a thumb notch to use to open it up. Hoping he will be surprised when he sees it and ecstatic when he gets it...pappy

my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

cuppednlocked

redarrow

Thats a beaut. If he ain't happy with that he needs a kick in the .................... you know whats. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

vaturkey

WOW Pappy !   :drool: That is amazing ! I will cherrish that box forever ! Thanks my friend !

God Bless You    :mycross:

Love Ya Man

Ricky 
Vaturkey

Tail Feathers

Wow!!!  That is beautiful Pappy.
Looks like the lucky recipient is pleased with it too.^^^ :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

owlhoot

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Jacobson

Moore

[

mikejd

Incredible, Lets line that in spanish ceder and Ill pt some expensive cigars in that. Would look beautiful on the desk. And my cigars would be so proud to be shown off in that.

Nice work Pappy, as usual.

Hognutz

That is beautiful, Pappy. A real work of art.. You put the word "craft" in caftsmanship..That is for sure.
Well done, my friend..Well done..

Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

tomstopper

captin_hook