OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The Whats a good bird thread got me thinking..

Started by shootumindaface, March 10, 2011, 10:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shootumindaface

You have one tag left and still have days to hunt.. You are in a state that states "male bird" and no requirement for a beard or beard length.. You call up a bird, he busts into strut and has a full fan, yet you double take as he has no visible beard..

Do you kill him?

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Basser69

sugarray

harvester

It would depend on how many other birds are in the area. IF several more NO, if not Yes.

younggun

Bust him. Then go find someone who is not tagged out and call for them.

Uhadme@gobble

Dead bird........ I know you've heard this before( I'm eat'n um ... And the beard don't taste good)! That being said , I have several tags .....I will save a couple and hold out for a good scoring bird!

Flydown

BANG!!!!!!!! and start calling buddies to see witch ones going with me in the morning! ;D :you_rock: ;D

LX_Trkyhntr

Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

spurman

Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

dodger

nope... cause I went for beard and spurs... and thats what i want

vicksburg

:fud:

Beard is just for looks...He liable to have some 1 3/4" blades...and that's what i like!
]

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Crutch

No way, I'm passing on it until I have something better. Last year I had two tags left and passed on 3 or 4 birds looking for the boss. It took a week to finally pull in the one that was running the show. Got my spur lenth best out to 1 inch.

Looking for 1.125 or 1.250 this year after I get one or two in the bag.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble: