turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How Old Or How Old Would Your Grandparents Be To Present

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, August 25, 2013, 01:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

I just wanted to post this since I know that I was always amazed at how old my grandparents were. Now take in mind that I am 49 and going on 50 this Oct 21. My mom's dad was born Mar 3. 1901. That would make him 112 now if he was still alive. My mom is still alive and going to be 83 Oct 20. But now here's the real kicker and why I am posting this which I am getting to in just a minute. My dad was born July 22, 1920. That would make him 93 today if he was still alive. Now again, remember I am 49 before I tell you how his dad was. My dad's dad(my grandpa) was born on Nov, 16, 1872. That would make him almost 141yrs old if you figure his age to the present. Now that's an old grandpa for someone almost 50yrs old today. Oh and my dad's mom(my grandma) was born Apr 22, 1884 making her 129 now and my mom's mother(my grandma) was born July 16, 1900 making her 113 to this date.

So my question is how old or how old would your grandparents of been to present? Can anbody here top almost 141yrs old at under 50yrs old to this date? Just curious.

Thank you for your time and your comments. Look forward to reading what you guys grandparents are or would have been to present.

Brad

stone road turkey calls

Wow, Brad you have a history like mine.

Paternal  grandfather    born 1904     age 109
   "         grandmother   born 1906           107

Maternal grandfather   born 1889             124
     "       grandmother  born  1895           118

Gary
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

redarrow

I will have to ask my Mom and I will post more later. I was born in 1951 ,my dad in 1911 and my Mom in 1922.She just turned 91.So you can see my grandparents were all born back in the 1800s.Im guessing the 1880s

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I would think that not being 50yrs old yet I have to have one of the oldest grandpas on record. 

vaturkey

Wow Brad !  You are a Family Tree expert ! That's some good history. Just think if all of those folks collected flashlights like you do. I do know that my grandmother lived to be 93 but she was so mean that I really dont want to remember her. I use to tell her " I love you Grandma " and she would say
" OK get on out of here ".
Hope you're doing better with your back Brad ! Take Care  Ricky   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

ILIKEHEVI-13

Back is doing better.   I'll be going back to work soon. 

My mother is more up on the family tree thing than I am.  I got all the info from her yesterday. 

allaboutshooting

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on August 25, 2013, 10:21:07 AM
Back is doing better.   I'll be going back to work soon. 

My mother is more up on the family tree thing than I am.  I got all the info from her yesterday.

First of all, it's good to hear that your back is doing better. Secondly, it's so important to get that information on family history from those who know it. I'm glad you've had that opportunity.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Woodsman4God

My Paternal grandfather was born in 1906 he would have been 107 years old this year, He passed in 2004.
My paternal grandmother was born in 1911, so she would have been 101. I am 41 so I cant touch the 141 age even if I added 9 to make me 50

I dont know alot of ages of my maternal grandparents as they were not that involved in our lives. I know he was a little older but not that much older. maybe 5 or 6 years. My maternal Grand mother died long before I was born, and I dont know anything about her age.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Here's another interesting thing about my dad's side of the family.  His dad was 87 and died Dec 30, 1959.  My dad died Dec 30 1987.  So both died on Dec 30th. 

WildTigerTrout

My dad is 80 years old, I'm 53 . My grandfather on my dad's side died in 1936 and was a Spanish-American War vet. He was in his early twenty's during the war so was born around 1878 or so. That would make him about 135 give or take a year or two.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

guesswho

I'm 53

Grandfather's would be 110 and 100 on my Dads side

Grandmothers would be 100 and 90 on my Moms side

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

ChiefBubba

My Mother's father and mother. Grandfather was born in 1895 would have made him 118 he died in 1983. My Grandmother in 1896 would have made her 117 she died in 1977. My grandfather was in Europe in 1920 finishing up over there after the war when he heard his father was dying. While on a boat coming back his father died April 7 and then his brother died 4 days later on April 11. My Great grandfather was named for John C. Calhoun from South Carolina. Family stories are my Great Great Grandfather and John C. Calhoun were great friends and they worked together developing seeds for farming. Chief. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: ChiefBubba on August 25, 2013, 07:58:43 PM
My Mother's father and mother. Grandfather was born in 1895 would have made him 118 he died in 1983. My Grandmother in 1896 would have made her 117 she died in 1977. My grandfather was in Europe in 1920 finishing up over there after the war when he heard his father was dying. While on a boat coming back his father died April 7 and then his brother died 4 days later on April 11. My Great grandfather was named for John C. Calhoun from South Carolina. Family stories are my Great Great Grandfather and John C. Calhoun were great friends and they worked together developing seeds for farming. Chief.

And how old are you? 

Hey and thanks for the replies guys.  Very interesting indeed! 

Tail Feathers

One grandfather born in 1888, one in the 1890's...not sure what year.
My father was born in 1908.  I was born in 60.  Do that math.

I would die if my wife got pregnant at this age!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

ChiefBubba