OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nice 8x8 Elk and others.

Started by slamman, July 29, 2013, 01:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slamman

Checked the trail camera's this weekend found a nice Mule Deer and a decent 8x8 elk.

I apologize for the date showing 2010 on the elk pics, last year an elk some how unlatched the camera and it hasn't worked since.  I have had to resort to using the inexpensive Tasco brand from Walmart ($50) because my $200-$300 would get stolen and the Tasco works well enough to see what I want as you will see.

The back end of the 8x8 is a little short for my liking but I would have to put an arrow in him if he came by.  The smaller ones need to grow another year or two.

Enjoy.

Deputy 14

A little short? ???  Looks like a stud!  But I don't hunt elk regularly. Nice pics.   :icon_thumright:

honker22

Nonsense!  That 8x8 is a bull of a lifetime... Or at least for me
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

RutnNStrutn

That's an awesome bull!! :you_rock:
If he's too short for you, I'll come out and kill him!! ;D

flintlock

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

Tail Feathers

I see what you mean about a little short on the backend, but that is still one fine bull and I'd be thrilled to take one like that any time!
Good luck.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

tomstopper

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on July 29, 2013, 07:30:33 PM
That's an awesome bull!! :you_rock:
If he's too short for you, I'll come out and kill him!! ;D
:agreed: Me too.....

GobbleNut

Great bulls!  We have them like that here in NM, too,....but it makes no difference,....can't get drawn for a permit to hunt them..... ::) :-[

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

DirtNap647

love to shoot an elk like that

slamman

Quote from: honker22 on July 29, 2013, 07:22:50 PM
Nonsense!  That 8x8 is a bull of a lifetime... Or at least for me

please re-read and note I stated "I would have to put an arrow in him if he came by".  My philosophy is if he is good enough to shoot on the last day he is good enough to shoot on the first.  What I mean about being short on the backend is the whale tails on this elk are short the longer the last two points the better it looks like a whales tail.  As you can see his last two points are very short.

beagler

Never Misses

ElkTurkMan

Boy that will sure get the blood pumping!  Great Pics and once in a lifetime bull.  I hope you get to put your tag on him.

huntmaster80

BamaProud

That Elk knew he was getting his picture taken. 
Save the Little ones for the Little Ones.