OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

22 Rimfire Benchrest Match

Started by vaturkey, July 23, 2013, 11:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaturkey

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on July 28, 2013, 11:00:03 AM
This should help Ricky.

http://www.americanrimfire.com/index.php/club/listall/5

There is also IR50/50.  You probably will have some to choose from there as well. 

http://www.ir5050.com/schedule

Thanks Brad !     :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

Mike Honcho

Congratulations on some great shooting!  Those Anschutz rifles are awesome.  I used to shoot Metallic Sillhouette...both high power and rimfire.

Honcho

ILIKEHEVI-13

Ricky,

I'll give you a word of advice.  Those guys at those shoots at least the ones that win have some very expensive guns with custom barrels and stocks that will shoot a lot better than most factory Anshutz or Suhl 150's.  There also is a huge difference in shooting 5 shot groups as there is in shooting out the center dots of 25 individual targets.  I know this all to well.  I had a Suhl 150 that I ended up sinking $3000 total in it after all said in done in a custom EDGE McMillan stock with paint job and Benchmark custom 6 groove barrel and I still finished toward the bottom of the shooters.  The hardest part is finding a gun that will keep shooting consitently to center of target after the gun has been moved each time on each target.  Mine wouldn't do it for me.  Most of these guys will shoot Eley ammo. 

My gun I had would shoot groups with I believe the best of them.  I shot a 5 shot group at 50yds that you could cover all 5 shots the top end of a Bic inc pen.  But shooting ARA for score is way tougher when you score worst edge.  But IR50/50 matches may be worth looking in to if you want to try it.  But more than likely you will need a custom barrel and stock and a custom rest to have a chance at competing.  And shooting outdoors you will have to get some windflags and have to learn to read the wind. That's another thing in itself that will make or break you.  I wasn't the best at it either.

Good luck.

flintlock

Dag-nab Ricky is there anything you can't do?   :)
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

vaturkey

Quote from: flintlock on July 30, 2013, 07:22:57 AM
Dag-nab Ricky is there anything you can't do?   :)

I cant draw like you Wess !   :you_rock:
Vaturkey