OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Few Yelpers

Started by Austy, July 21, 2013, 05:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austy

I made a trade offer to a fellow member on here (Wingboneman) for a custom Yelper for some of the Paulowinia (Tomentosa) wood that he had for future use on some box calls.  The first call is an absolutely beautiful piece of Bethlehem Olivewood with a Delrin feral and mouth piece and a cork lip stop.  One of Wingboneman's requests was that he wanted the tip's of his mouth pieces done a little different than normal, he wanted the tips oblong in shape to mimick the flat shape of a hen wing bone call, Done!!

This second call he ask if I could turn him a call using a piece of the Paulownia wood that he sent me with a harder wood at the bell end of the call so the bell end has a piece of Gaboon Ebony with a couple of feathers wood burned onto the Paulownia of the call to dress it up some.  Both of these calls have a CA finish inside and out with the sheen of the outside finish coat knocked down so that the call is a little more subdued.

Hope you like them Curtis!!

Thanks for the look

Wingboneman

Man I cant wait to try them, Thanks so very much, And as far as I know you are the first to try the Paulowinia in a trumpet.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:  :thanks: :thanks:

Gawhitaker

Man those are great looking trumpets

savduck

Austin, those are sweet. Beautiful work, and bet they sound awesome
Georgia Boy

krm

Very nice calls Austy !! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Kelvin Morrison

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net