OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Just orderd my first custom box call

Started by Roughneck, July 20, 2013, 09:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roughneck

Thanks for the advice from everbody went with a Albert Paul call he was very nice an answerd all my questions super excited to get it.

Gawhitaker

Bet you'll be pleased with it. Post a picture when you get it!

M Sharpe

I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

hunter22

Roughneck

It is a short box made out of mahogany

M Sharpe

That's a good one. I've got one of his walnut over mahogany. Love it!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Rope

Great choice,for Mr. Albert,to make your first custom box call.
Freedom is NOT free

Big Guy

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I just ordered my first custom call and it's an Albert Paul too!  I talked to him today he suggested either mahogany or poplar and I decided on the poplar/walnut.  Now I just have to wait 4 weeks to get it.  Can't wait!

hunter22

That is an excellent choice from a super guy and callmaker.

Roughneck

mgm1955

Just talked with Albert tonight and added to the list I'm waiting on. Fantastic person!!

Spitten and drummen

I have 3 including the Henry Davis edition . He makes one of the finest box calls you can get.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Marc

I have one ordered as well, and it is supposed to be sent out this week.  (Actually, my wife ordered it for my birthday).

I have always been a fan of function over form (except with my wife who has both ;D) so I went with a Field Grade standard box call.  Persimmon over maple, high pitch call with old hen on the right and young hen on the left for calling Rio Turkeys.

I talked to him on the phone, and went with is recommendation...  Looking forward to getting the call.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.