turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who is seeing hens and poults?

Started by barryboy08, July 10, 2013, 11:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barryboy08

Hey everyone, It has been a little while since I have been active in making a post on here but I was just checking to see what everyone has been seeing in the field.  what areas are having good hatches and which areas are poor.  Pa so far has been looking pretty good as far as i can tell.  i saw 5 hens and 22 poults in the last two weeks.  The poults could already fly pretty good to already at this point.  Hopefully that means good numbers for the fall and spring!

DirtNap647

I agree im from pa lots of poults

Spring Creek Calls

Starting to show up here in southwest Michigan.  Have seen 2 broods in the last week.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Gawhitaker

Saw 5 poults this am in south arkansas, they could fly fairly well. Also saw 4 hens with no poults

nativeks

Ive seen a lot of hens but no poults. Has me concerned since our numbers are still low from the floods and disease we had.

owlhoot

2 to 3 poults per hen, some hens no poults. nw mo.
not good

longspur

I haven't been able to observe many hens but all the ones I have saw don't have polts.

redarrow

Seen a hen with 7 or 8 poults yesterday in northern Mi. dang things looked to be half grown already ???

IowaGobblers

Was golfing about an hour from my home in Iowa and saw a hen with some poults in Illinois.  Couldn't really see how many though, looked to be about 5ish. Also saw some birds from a ways away off behind my house, too far to tell what they were let alone if there were poults with them.

carolina custom calls

Its been sort of a double edged sword with the rain here in SC.  On one hand we know that lots of rain can be very bad for poult numbers on the other hand with the record amounts of rain in the last  two months the farmers cant get into the fields to cut wheat.  So the poults that did survive the wet spring have plenty of cover to use.  Ive noticed that almost all the hens I'm seeing have poults they seem to be in smaller numbers that normally.  I'm seeing about 4 or 5 poults to a hen.

lonnie sneed jr.

Can't say there are no poults around here in WV, it has been so wet the farmers are very late getting hay fields mowed. I have been seeing one hen since June with 13 poults and we have seen her several times and she has not lost any yet. Have seen several other hens but can not say how many if any poults are with them, because of tall grass. I can tell some of the hens have poults by the way they act, just can't see the poults. Things should pick up some in seeing them because alot of mowing has taken place this past week.

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

reflexl

Saw two hens this morning with about 20 poults. reflex264

teke

slamman

not one yet and I've been out scouting elk A LOT.

beagler

Haven't seen a single poult in my area yet.  :(
Never Misses