turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Doc's turkey book - a great read!

Started by flintlock, July 05, 2013, 08:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintlock

Well, I got my copy of Doc's new book, which I had some artwork in, and I have to say he really did a GREAT job at relaying the real-life experiences and excitement!     :z-guntootsmiley:

If you are wishing season was around the corner and need a great read, you will want to check it out on:

http://turkeytalesusa.com/

or on Amazon.   "Turkey Tails and Tales from across the USA" is the name of it.   

Good luck and come on April!!!!
:you_rock:
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wess
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

DirtNap647

Tail Feathers

I have to get that!
I haven't seen Doc in a while.  He came by the house for a real shower and dinner when he was in my area a few years back.  That man is a turkey hunting machine. :boon:
I can't wait to read his book.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

gotcha

Thanks for the tip Wess,waiting on Amazon to box it up and send it.

GobbleNut

Got Doc's (Hookspur's) book in the mail yesterday. Read the first chapter this morning, and all I can say is WOW! If the entire work is as good as the first chapter, which I am most certain it will be, I think it is safe to say that we have a very talented writer in our midst.  Wess's (flintlock's) artwork and illustrations in the book are fantastic, as always, and add a additional dimension to the book.

"Awesome" is a superlative that gets used way too much these days, but the first chapter of Doc's book is "AWESOME"! I've read quite a number of turkey hunting books, and judging from that opening chapter, it is already clear to me that this one is going to be one of the best I've ever read, including those of our turkey hunting legends!

I just could not wait any longer to give it a big "thumbs up". If any of you are "on the fence" about getting this book, place your order now. You will not be disappointed!

Kudo's to you, Tom (and Wess)!   I, for one, am truly impressed. "Awesome"!!

seb5315

I've been looking for a way to get more into reading and this post just made my decision on a book a lot easier.  I just placed my order on Amazon, excited for its arrival!

Tail Feathers

Thanks for the review.  My copy is on the way! :z-guntootsmiley:

slamman

Thanks I'll be getting my copy in two days.

slamman

Thought I would get a copy in two days from Amazon finally got it yesterday.  Just put the book down after finishing it in it's entirety.  GREAT READ and someone I would like to meet someday.  I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this book to any one that likes to read and even those who don't like reading.

seb5315

I'm about half way through it - Great read!

Tail Feathers

Rapscallion Vermilion

Savoring mine, but through four chapters and loving it.  This will be a classic.  I hope he continues the series.  Awesome artwork too.

Yelper

Is this the book? Turkey Tails and Tales from Across the USA: Volume 1. I was trying to find his book and this is the one that pops up at amazon.

Thanks

GobbleNut

Yes, that is it,...but you should contact Doc and order the book directly through him.  PM "Hookspur". 

Yelper

Thanks, also I cannot find hookspur on the member list but did find hookedspur.