turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Grandslam

Started by Rokhal07, July 02, 2013, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rokhal07

Im just wondering if anybody lacks one or more of the birds and gonna try to get slam this next spring or at least "chip away at it"?

bigbird

I need the Osceola but can't justify the cost for that one bird when I can go to other states and kill multiple birds for less! I hope to get one someday, if I'm not so cheap! Lol

kansas hooks

I just need a Rio.  Thinking about heading to Oklahoma since I live in SE. Kansas. 

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I need an Osceola..... Would have 3 slams complete if I could get the equivalent number of osceolas...

Rokhal07

Well i wish everybody luck next few years if you decide to go after your last bird

barry

I need an Osceola
and a Merriams
Oh yeah, and a Rio  ;D

Sorry, I couldn't resist

njdevilsb

I'd like to add to it next year.  I only have Easterns so far.  I'm really the only turkey hunting fanatic that I know, so it's hard to talk people into going on the trip with me.  My dad says he won't pay that much or travel that far for "just a turkey."  I tell him he's crazy.   ;D

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Quote from: njdevilsb on July 03, 2013, 02:03:58 PM
I'd like to add to it next year.  I only have Easterns so far.  I'm really the only turkey hunting fanatic that I know, so it's hard to talk people into going on the trip with me.  My dad says he won't pay that much or travel that far for "just a turkey."  I tell him he's crazy.   ;D

It's all about the turkey and then it's not.

It's about the new challenge of the same bird in a different habitat, the new people, the new cultures, and the spectacular sights and sounds experienced in pursuit of the grand bird.

My soul is rejuvenated match 15- June 1 each year.  Hope you can find a traveling partner or two. You won't regret the money or the time spent on the road,

cuppednlocked

Just the Merriams for me.

Rokhal07

Quote from: cuppednlocked on July 03, 2013, 07:16:42 PM
to go? Or only one harvested?

mossyoakpro

I knew a lot of folks needed the Osceola....Why not try a Special Op hunt?  I have been on several and killed birds each time I went....very low cost and very high success rate.

Go to the Florida Game & Fish and read up on it....the deadline is in the fall so get the info now so you can be prepared for the application when it comes time to put in.  I have seen people from all over North America at these hunts.

I would prefer not to give up the places that I have hunted but I can tell you that ALL of the SO hunts are top notch with high success.

Fortunately I have private land to hunt now but I like to keep those SO hunts in my mind just in case my deal falls through.

Best of luck and Happy 4th!!  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
Phillippians 4:13

woodchip

I only need an Osceola to finish my first slam.   Killed my Merriams in Wyoming this Spring and it was a great hunt!

dirtnap

Just lack an Osceola.  Going to try the single season next year.  Should have done it this year.  Didn't go to Florida on an open invite in late March.

Rokhal07

Quote from: dirtnap on July 03, 2013, 09:44:21 PM
Just lack an Osceola.  Going to try the single season next year.  Should have done it this year.  Didn't go to Florida on an open invite in late March.
Good luck its a lot of fun. I started last season in same position and was very fortunate to get mine and single season in exact reverse order of lifetime slam

cuppednlocked

Quote from: Rokhal07 on July 03, 2013, 07:58:53 PM
Quote from: cuppednlocked on July 03, 2013, 07:16:42 PM
to go? Or only one harvested?

Last one to fill.  Won the lottery and got a special op hunt in FL.

A word to the masses that FL limits OOS'ers to 10% of the available spots.  In several cases that means only 1 OOS'er gets to go.