turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Grandslam

Started by Rokhal07, July 02, 2013, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

I'll wrap a couple up next year. Retired, have the time to go after my Rios/Merriams. Rios will be a done deal with the land I have to hunt loaded with Turkey, so Merriams will be the only challenge. Will get that accomplished in Dakotas or Nebraska.

AndyH

I just need the Merriams to complete mine, gonna try and get it done this spring. I would also love to go back to Florida for another Osceola.

Rokhal07

Well again good luck to all of you its a really a neat goal/accomplishment to have and only us crazy turkey hunters understand

guesswho

I lack a Rio.  I never set out to get a slam and have no immediate plans to go after a Rio.  I'm sure I'll wind up in Rio country one day but it will be in pursuit of a turkey and not a slam.   I think it's great that people go after a slam, and some a single season slam, but for me it's just something that I never have thought much about.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

TRKYHTR

Quote from: guesswho on July 04, 2013, 08:48:21 PM
I lack a Rio.  I never set out to get a slam and have no immediate plans to go after a Rio.  I'm sure I'll wind up in Rio country one day but it will be in pursuit of a turkey and not a slam.   I think it's great that people go after a slam, and some a single season slam, but for me it's just something that I never have thought much about.

Ronnie you call me when you get ready to find a Rio bird. I'll bring the rocks and the nets and we'll have a good time.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

hootn

i need a Osceola to finsh up mine. if i had remembered i moved 12 yards father away from a fence post that i had ranged that morning i would have realized he was a lot father than he was. that morning it was 40 yards. add the 12 yards i moved that afternoon and him being 5 yards father i would have been ok. but at 59 yards no jooy i said to myself before pulling the trigger he is around 44 yards. oh well next year. going to the same place if the land owner will let us come back. he said come on back and we are. he even said he hopes to have some new land thats better hunting.
that afternoon had 3 gobblers come in only to see my cousins pretty boy and turn from it. one never got closer than 90 yards, i tought the one i missed and the other one was going to come thru an open gate and stroll by me but at the last minute they turned and went behind the fence.

scott

guesswho

Quote from: TRKYHTR on July 04, 2013, 09:56:25 PM
Ronnie you call me when you get ready to find a Rio bird. I'll bring the rocks and the nets and we'll have a good time.

TRKYHTR
:TooFunny: Will do.  I need a maximum of one rock for each tag, maybe less.  You can reuse rocks if you can find them after the kill.   And I prefer those HTANR rocks.  You can use smaller rocks that way.  HTANR= Heavier Than A Normal Rock
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

HartClemson99

I have 10 total slams, but I lack an Eastern to finish my bow slam and a Rio to finish my 16ga slam.  I have completed my 12ga, 20ga, 10ga and muzzleloader slam.  Gonna start a .410 or 28ga slam next season chasing Osceolas.
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

Rokhal07

Quote from: HartClemson99 on July 07, 2013, 09:42:13 PM
I have 10 total slams, but I lack an Eastern to finish my bow slam and a Rio to finish my 16ga slam.  I have completed my 12ga, 20ga, 10ga and muzzleloader slam.  Gonna start a .410 or 28ga slam next season chasing Osceolas.
After that u can get with the other guys on the rock slam from above posts. On a serious note thats really inpressive

perrysbirds

Im from Ontario and Im booked for Florida next march and then I will only need a Rio....
So im chipping away at it I guess...
If I aint out shooting deer
Im home drinking beer

Rokhal07

Quote from: perrysbirds on July 08, 2013, 08:13:01 PM
Im from Ontario and Im booked for Florida next march and then I will only need a Rio....

If its important to you it doesnt matter how long it takes its worth it. Good luck

perrysbirds

Quote from: Rokhal07 on July 08, 2013, 08:17:42 PM
Quote from: perrysbirds on July 08, 2013, 08:13:01 PM

If its important to you it doesnt matter how long it takes its worth it. Good luck

I totally agree....
If I aint out shooting deer
Im home drinking beer

Yoder409

I believe I'm headed to Florida next year to chase an Osceola.

Someday I may eventually get a slam.  If I get there, I get there.  So far I have Easterns and a couple Gould's.  Traveled 1400 miles this past April and waded snow up past my knees to pass on a thin-bearded Merriam's that just wasn't what I went all that way for.  Crazy, I suppose.

If I get there, I get there.  The journey is where the fun's at !! 
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Rokhal07

Quote from: Yoder409 on July 08, 2013, 08:39:08 PM
I believe I'm headed to Florida next year to chase an Osceola.

Someday I may eventually get a slam.  If I get there, I get there.  So far I have Easterns and a couple Gould's.  Traveled 1400 miles this past April and waded snow up past my knees to pass on a thin-bearded Merriam's that just wasn't what I went all that way for.  Crazy, I suppose.

If I get there, I get there.  The journey is where the fun's at !!

I agree w last sentence 100%