OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Another recall

Started by thundrchikin, June 27, 2013, 09:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundrchikin

T/C has another recall out on there guns,this time it's on ALL bolt guns. Something going on with the safeties on these rifles. You can check it out at tcarms.com. One things for sure ever since S&W took them over it's been nothing but troubles.

DirtNap647

seems to be some issues for tc lately

Houndstooth Game Calls

I have had 2 of the break open in 22/250, 300win and 44mag pistol!! I sold them with in a year didn't worth a flip they shot good enough for killing deer but they were far from accurate!! good looking guns though!! I have stayed with Remington ever since been more that pleased..

bigbird

They aren't worth chit anymore!!!! My buddy has a gun store and tries talking people out of ordering one from through him because he doesn't want to deal with them!! I'll put my cva up against any of the T/C junk!

RutnNStrutn

Wow!! That really sucks to hear. >:(
A while back, before the S&W takeover, I decided to build my gun collection around the TC Encore & Contender line up. Fortunately, I haven't gotten too far into that (due to the prices). I've got a Contender pistol with scoped .30-30 & .44 mag barrels, and I've got an Encore rifle with scoped .50 cal mzzl. and .30-06 barrels.
I get good accuracy out of all of them, but they are also pretakeover barrels. Is it really that bad that I should stop buying barrels for the collection, or should I just stick with older, used barrels?  ???

thundrchikin

You should be fine RnS the recall is just on the bolt guns. As far as shooting, my Venture in 270 with Barnes Vortx ammo is the best shooting gun that I own. I hope this will be the last recall because if it didn't shoot as good as it does it would've already been down the road. I also bought my son a Hot Shot 22 from T/C for Christmas last year and had to send it back. It would not fire at all. This is also a very common problem with that model I later found out. I think T/C needs to concentrate more on the people actually buying there products then on what celebrity they will be sending the free ones too on the Outdoor Channel. There customer service sucks since the take over.

RutnNStrutn

Thanks for the info, and good luck on your issues!!