OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Would you give up Turkey hunting for a whole season so you could...

Started by TheTwistedOne, June 19, 2013, 01:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTwistedOne

Fish for an entire week for salmon and halibut in Alaska with your wife and a good friend plus his girlfriend?

Lease and trip cost are equal.

This isn't hypothetical.  It's a real decision I had to make.

WW

stone road turkey calls

That's a no brainer, that's a once in a life time trip with your friend, turkey season will come again.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Rokhal07

I can see the once in a lifetime aspect of it so i understand why somebody would do it..personally I cant stand the thought of missing even one turkey season. But hey im also the guy that would pick a turkey hunt over a once in a lifetime elk hunt or caribou or anything else

Deputy 14

I say go fishing. This may be your only opportunity to go and see those sights. Turkey season will come again.

barry

At first glance I though you said your wife and girlfriend and I'm thinking "no-brainer"  ;D
Yes, go! It's Alaska!
Why give up the whole turkey season? It's just one week, you can still  squeeze in a few hunts.

mudhen

"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Tommy Strutsalot

Absolutely not.  Desperate times call for desperate means.  If I'm you, I'm figuring out a way to pay for both. 

guesswho

Fishing?  Nope, I wouldn't be going.  Now if they all wanted to go turkey hunting somewhere I'd be all in. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

eddie234

Surely you could find some public land or some private land to squeeze a few weeks of turkey hunting in if you cant afford the trip and lease. Go on the trip. Take losts of pictures and enjoy the sights and friendship.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

bigbird

That's a tough one, it depends on how much you like to fish! I like fishing a lot but if I had to choose I would hunt over fish any day, especially turkey hunt! Good luck

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: WW on June 19, 2013, 01:17:20 PM
No Way, No How!! Turkeys come first!
Quote from: Dirt nap on June 19, 2013, 01:41:36 PM
no way
Quote from: mudhen on June 19, 2013, 01:50:01 PM
Nope, not even a topic of discussion for me...
mudhen
Quote from: Tommy Strutsalot on June 19, 2013, 01:51:54 PM
Absolutely not.  Desperate times call for desperate means.  If I'm you, I'm figuring out a way to pay for both. 
Quote from: guesswho on June 19, 2013, 01:55:31 PM
Fishing?  Nope, I wouldn't be going.  Now if they all wanted to go turkey hunting somewhere I'd be all in. 
x2!!!!! :icon_thumright:

stinkpickle

GobbleNut

If the trip was that important to my wife, I would take her on it,....but I would also be finding some public land to hunt turkeys on for the year.  The thought that I couldn't do both would never enter my mind, regardless of the situation.