turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ticks

Started by Doug-Va, March 09, 2011, 06:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug-Va

I was wondering what you all do to prevent ticks. I have been usuing the permanone spray at walmart and has been doing good so far but man i hate them things! Also is there any kind of under clothing that you can get for ticks

Doug

CASH

I use permanone also. You can buy some stuff at bass pro and cabelas that looks like under armour. Don't know if it works or not.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

mnturkey

I use the premone spray on my clothes and then the best part every night when I come back from hunting I take a shower and have my wife do a complete body exam for ticks.
I also examine her as we do sleep together and they might get on her.
SEMPER FI

turkey slayer

Quote from: mnturkey on March 09, 2011, 07:55:19 PM
I use the premone spray on my clothes and then the best part every night when I come back from hunting I take a shower and have my wife do a complete body exam for ticks.
I also examine her as we do sleep together and they might get on her.
Same here!

LilFridWV

I spray my clothes down in the morning with permone spray. It seems to work! I spray them down each time I go out to make sure that I don't bring any back home with me.

OLE RASPY

I use permanone most of the time but sometimes i take kerosene and put on a rag and wrap it around my boots.

whiskey

I spray permanone on my clothes and vest. I spray everything down the night before and let it dry while hanging in the garage. I only reapply to my legs of my pants before hunting again. That stuff works though several washings, but I still freshen it up cause I hate ticks.

More than anything else, I have found that wearing Redhead EnduraSkin keeps the ticks and chiggers off me very well. I wear the long pants and long sleeve shirt even when it's hot out. I'd rather be hot than infested! Actually the enduraskin is not hot at all. It acts like underarmor and pulls the moister away and cools your skin.

TANK

I really don't do anything..........never really been that big of a problem for me.

yellowacorns

Thank the Good Lord for permanon.  2 years ago i got home and got 40 something off me!  I know what its like to be hunted.

Crutch

Quote from: yellowacorns on March 09, 2011, 10:31:17 PM
Thank the Good Lord for permanon.  2 years ago i got home and got 40 something off me!  I know what its like to be hunted.

I remember that day, thats the day my wife quit hunting mushrooms. I remember crawling thru some underbrush (where we set that back trail cam) my hands started feeling funny. I looked down and maybe a hundred tiny brown ticks were on my hands and arms.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

paturkeyhntr

Permethrin spray.  If you look on the 2nd/3rd page of this forum, you'll find a thread that talks about making your own spray.

Basser69

Quote from: yellowacorns on March 09, 2011, 10:31:17 PM

Good greif! I would stop hunting if it was that bad around here.