turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

burris fastfire

Started by WW, June 18, 2013, 10:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WW

For those of you with this type of sight, how do you like it? What model is best in your opinion, the 1, 2 or 3?  I've been thinking of buying one.

nflorek

I have the 2 and the 3. I don't really think one is better then the other. I never had a problem with the 2 as far as you can't change the brightness settings on it but you can on the 3 other then that they are pretty much the same.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

FL-Boss

Do you have a red dot now?  For what's its worth.. I just couldn't stomach the cost of the FF sights.... it's outrageous. And that's saying a lot for me as I normally never cut back when it comes to hunting gear. Anyway.. I read up on this Tru Glo on the forum and love it. $75 you can beat it... you can change color, brightness, dot type... http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2013-Truglo-Tru-Brite-Open-Red-Dot-Sight-Dual-Color-Multi-Reticle-TG8380B-/370830554465?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5657393561

honker22

Quote from: FL-Boss on June 18, 2013, 11:24:28 PM
Do you have a red dot now?  For what's its worth.. I just couldn't stomach the cost of the FF sights.... it's outrageous. And that's saying a lot for me as I normally never cut back when it comes to hunting gear. Anyway.. I read up on this Tru Glo on the forum and love it. $75 you can beat it... you can change color, brightness, dot type... http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2013-Truglo-Tru-Brite-Open-Red-Dot-Sight-Dual-Color-Multi-Reticle-TG8380B-/370830554465?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5657393561

I'd be interested to hear some more reviews in this TruGlo sight.  I am in the market for 2 sights and am not afraid to test different brands.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

hunter22

I have hunted with a Burris FF2 on my Benelli for the past 4 years. I have taken a lot of gobblers with this combo and love it. The only problem I see with the FF2 is that it has to be removed from the gun to change batteries.

WildSpur

I have a ff2 and have used it for the last 3 seasons.  The only problem I have had is re-zeroing after battery replacement.   The need to re-zero has been fixed with the ff3.   There are also cool protector option with the ff2 as well, specifically the warbird guard.  My ff2 is on my 870 to stay.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

FL-Boss

I don't want to get off topic here... but one of the top members suggested I take a hard look at Truglo when I was in search of my first red dot. ... glad I did.  I hated the idea of spending that kind of money on the FF.. and having a fixed dot size.

The Truglo has many more features..  adjustable brightness, color, and dot size/type more importantly.  You can change the battery easily without removing the sight. The only bad thing is this sight is a little bigger than the FF.  But hey.. more features and less than half the cost, sign me up.  I hated the idea of having a fixed size dot...want to be able to change the size when needed. Also lifetime warranty.  There are also different selections.. the one I showed above was just the one I got, but there are more...one that looks a little more like the FF.   

WW

Do you have to take the Fasfire 3 off of the gun just to change the battery also? That will stink! I like the idea of not having to re zero after replacement.

Rapscallion Vermilion

No,  the FF3 battery changes from the top.

I also like the fact that the FF3 is much smaller than the TruBrite and sits low enough that I can keep my head down and not have to build up the comb.

IowaGobblers

I have a burris trophy red dot and love it. Got it from natchez for $85 and its not too bulky at all. You can change the reticle from a 3moa dot to an 8moa dot to a crosshair to a circle with a 3moa dot in the middle. I strongly suggest checking it out.

WW

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on June 19, 2013, 11:30:50 AM
No,  the FF3 battery changes from the top.

Now this, I like. I may take the plunge on the 3

mudhen

I have a friend who owns two gunshops.  I can have any sight I want at cost.  I have looked at just about every sight available, and I use the FF III, and there was no second place choice, except maybe the $400 Leupold sight.

$20 laser bore sight makes sure it stays on zero, so that's no issue.

The FF III is perfect for me.  Compact.  Tuff.  Adjustable brightness.

The FF II was good, the FF III is better.

I don't hunt turkeys to save money, I can buy Jenny-O at the grocery store....

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

chatterbox

FF III. Best sight for turkey guns, period IMHO.
They are small, and when paired with a 336 Marlin base, they sit as low as a sight can possibly get.
They are a breeze to sight in, waterproof, and tough as a tank. I run an 8 MOA dot on mine, but that is a personal preference.
The are backed with the finest customer service in the optics industry, so for me there is no question what I run on my turkey rigs. Burris Fast Fires.

DirtNap647

also loving the fastfire :icon_thumright:

beagler

I put a FF III on my daughter's 20ga Mossberg 510 Mini Turkey Thug, works great.

I have two Aimpoint 9000SC red dots. One on mt Benelli SBE 2 and one on my Mossberg 835. The Aimpoints withstand the heaviest recoil and get 50,000 hrs battery life.
Never Misses