OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Old school mossy oak vest

Started by bigbird, June 17, 2013, 10:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbird

I've got this old turkey vest that I've had since I started turkey hunting! Bought it new back in probably '93, it's a mossy oak brand USA made vest, what's something like this worth?

HartClemson99

It depends on the size and condition.  Some of the old Mossy Oak original vest (like that one) didn't have many features so it won't be as valuable as a Dixon vest.  This site or e-bay would be your target market for something like that.  If it's in good condition, I'll buy it from you as I'm a big fan of that Greenleaf pattern.
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

bigbird

The vest itself is in mint condition, I did have one of the tags with the button for the cushion sewn back on with spider wire! My guess is if you took the vest and put it in a washing machine it would look brand spanking new. I only used it a few times back then since I was young and in school back then!

WV Ridge Reaper

eBay that thing would go for way more then 15-30

TnTurk

I got one just like it, and I still use it every year when the temps starts to rise during the late season. Like its been said, they are not as pocket friendly as the new vest's on the market, and the cushion is pretty much worthless, but the pattern goes great with mid to late spring foliage.

bigbird

Actually already had a gentleman pm me with a little better offer sorry.

gotcha

Interested if the deal falls through,I will keep an eye on the classifieds.

bigbird

I'll pm ya if it does, but it doesn't sound likely. Thanks

RemingtonRules

I have one, except it has matching camo straps, and would be surprised if someone offered more than I stated.  I guess I underestimate the novelty aspect. 

stilker