OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey/Chicken Fight

Started by TRKYHTR, March 09, 2011, 05:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

So most of you know that I raised a few turkeys. My Jake is called Buddy. I also have a rooster and hen chicken. My rooster is called Skeets(per Jerry Clower). Yesterday I get home from work and there is a fight going on in the chicken pen. When I went out there Buddy was kicken the crap out of Old Skeets. Skeets is a 5 year old RR Rooster with 2" hooks. Buddy on the other hand has nubs for spurs but is twice the size as Skeets. I couldn't keep Buddy off Skeets. I thought he was going to kill him. I even picked him up and set him on the roost and all he wanted to do was get at Skeets. At one point he held Skeets to the ground by his cone. There was some god awful racket coming from both of them. I finally just gave up and left them to fight it out. The last time I looked Buddy was chasing Skeets from one end of the pen to the other. This morning I went out to feed the animals and Buddy was still on the roost. Not normal. He has been struttin alot lately. When I got close enought to see I knew something was wrong. I guess old Skeets got them 2" hooks moving towards ol Buddy's head while he was holding him down. Buddy didn't want anything to do with Skeets today. When I got home from work Buddy was still roosted. I guess he was scared to get down on the ground. I had to feed him by hand while he was still on the roost. Here is a few pics. I guess you could say don't mess with something that has 2" hooks if you have nubs.

TRKYHTR

Buddy looks like a Bar fighter that had a bad day.

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Jourdan_D

busta biggun

I think buddy looks like he needs anti-biotics. he looks like his wounds are infected and they are filling up with fluid. I would take him to the vet. those rooster spurs probably have all kinds of bacteria on them.

Flydown

Wow! Might have to take a hacksaw to little Skeets spurs. ;D

LX_Trkyhntr

That looks painful!!  I was kicking some booty but ol Skeets ended up in better shape!
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

harvester

hobbes

Poor Buddy!      I'd be eating some fried chicken (rooster).

barry

Looks like Buddy learned the hard way "It ain't the size of the dog in the fight"
Except in his case it was a rooster!!!

camp man

I would kill the rooster!!!!

TheTwistedOne

Winner winner chicken dinner!  ;)

njdevilsb

That's wild.  I would have been scared to get in there.

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

PANYHunter

Is Skeets last name Norris?  :chucknorris: