News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NITRO AMMO

Started by huntmaster80, June 12, 2013, 10:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Quote from: huntmaster80 on June 13, 2013, 01:23:23 PM
Thanks for the link!!! I just ordered 8 boxes so that I have them. That doesn't mean that I am not going to give the nitro shells a try but now I can focus on a choke

So I guess the 2/34" is ok? I didn't check the length.

God Bless,
David B.

huntmaster80

I didnt see the 2.5" on the box until after I ordered them!! I just got off the phone with Macks, and I was instructed to refuse the package if I didnt want them. What a  :TrainWreck1: but it is my fault for not paying attention!!!! The hunt for the 3" will continue

BOFF

My fault as well.  I didn't catch it either.  :(

So sorry to steer you in the wrong direction.

God Bless,
David B.

huntmaster80

BOFF not your fault at all, I ordered a sumtoy also, so I am gona give william a call and see what he has to say about the notro 7s throught his choke, and  might go that route, but I have plenty of time.  Thanks again!!!!!

bigbird

There is some of that ammo for sale in the ammo for sale part of  this forum

Tail Feathers

I shot Nitros for a while.  They pattern the best in my 835 by a wide margin.

But I had  issues with them not ejecting.  So did a friend.  He had to shoot three to empty his gun, they wouldn't come out any other way.

I may try them again, I heard they had a problem and fixed it.  Their ordering system isn't the best but their patterns are.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

FL-Boss

again, the Federal HW #7, 3in should be available soon..  I would be very surprised if you couldn't buy them online in the next few months.

Rockhound

Quote from: FL-Boss on June 15, 2013, 02:17:42 PM
again, the Federal HW #7, 3in should be available soon..  I would be very surprised if you couldn't buy them online in the next few months.

I wouldn't count on it

FL-Boss

how do you figure? the same thing happens every year with seasonal turkey ammo...Am I missing something?

redmag

Honestly I have never compared the lastest/greatest factory loads in any of my turkey guns.  I have always shot Nitros after being turned on to them after new guns an 870 12 ga and a H&R 10 ga.  With the right choke and load combination they shoot fantastic patterns  ( I have always sent my gun to Nitro and Ray has fixed me up).  Maybe some of the new stuff will work just as well but for me, if it is working don't mess with it. 

Old Gobbler

Quote from: Rockhound on June 15, 2013, 11:33:20 PM
Quote from: FL-Boss on June 15, 2013, 02:17:42 PM

I wouldn't count on it
x2
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

FL-Boss

Man.. this is tough crowd.  Here you go... 2 min of searching. 20ga, 3in, #7, 1.5oz - in stock - http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=FAPHT258F7&src=exrbSrch

Rockhound

Quote from: FL-Boss on June 16, 2013, 10:27:58 AM
how do you figure? the same thing happens every year with seasonal turkey ammo...Am I missing something?

The jacked up price of tungsten, the larger ammo companies have more to worry about than one line of overpriced ammo that only maybe 5% of the turkey hunters use. The other 95% dont even pattern their guns just buy the most appealing box of lead shells and go hunt.

IF Federal continues to produce the heavyweight line, 1 of 2 things will happen,

#1. They will drop their density, and, or payloads dramatically, which in change will require them to change their recipe.

#2. The 5 round box of 20 gauge. #7 will be close to $30 for 5 shells

FL-Boss

I agree... whether it's the price of tungsten or political, new taxes, etc.... you can rest assure the price of all ammo is only going higher each and every year.  Has it ever went down? not that I can remember...