turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Good trailcam for around 150$?

Started by WV TURKEY THUG, June 09, 2013, 07:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV TURKEY THUG

Anybody have any suggestions on a trail cam for around 150$. Mine is getting a little old id say around 6 yrs. Ithink I'm due for a update. :thanks:

WV Ridge Reaper

Onpoint

Primos cams are good for the money.

DirtNap647

scoot12

Covert mp6 or mp6 black,  both great little cams.  Scoot

Mike Honcho

My friends and I bow hunt over a wide area and all of us use several scouting cameras.  The best we have found for a reasonable amount of money are the Wildgame Innovations brand...we especially like the ones that use  AA batteries...they last a long time on a set of batteries.  Very easy to set up and use too.

Tail Feathers

I just picked up a Moultrie 880 for $125 to my door off ebay.
It's the new one, replacing the very popular M80.  It has some real good reviews and a fast trigger speed.

But I haven't tried it out yet. :help:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

FANMAN

I own a Bushnell Trophy Cam,and a Wildgame cam. They are both great,better battery life in the Bushnell,better picture clarity in the Wildgame.I've read some awesome reviews on the new Browning trail cams...I think that will be my next new one.

lightsoutcalls

I have a Moultrie M80 and an M80 XT.  They both take good day pics and decent night pics.  I have been frustrated in not getting more pics at times when I know critters have been there for an extended period of time (feral hogs rooting posthole filled with corn). 

I just ordered one of the Covert Mp6 Black cameras from Wing Supply for $129.  I can't wait to get it out and see what it will do. 

I would highly reccommend investing in a Camlock Box and a python cable lock for your camera.  I wouldn't think of putting mine in the woods without them.  I know, they only keep honest people honest, but if some yahoo wants my camera, he's going to have to put some effort into getting it.  I know mine have kept at least one of my cameras from being stolen on private property. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Covert MP6 are by far the best in that price range. I love 'em.

The bushnell trophy cams have served me well, too.

honker22

another vote for Bushnell Trophy cam.  I run 3 of the small ones and 2 of the newer HDs
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

Stoner

I have a couple of the Bushnell Trophy Cams and the picture and video quality is very good. On the Vandal post above you can see the video quality. The thing that I really like about the Trophy cam is the fast trigger time. It is about one half of a second, which makes a huge difference when something is walking in front of the camera. It means getting a photo or not getting one. The two that I have also have the plot-watcher capabilities. My model also uses the black light technology which means there is no red glow making is less likely someone is going to spot your camera. I also have a Spy Point trail camera with the black light technology but the thing I do not like about it is the slow trigger time of 1.2 seconds. That may sound fast but it is not if something is walking across in front of your camera. I vote for the Bushnell Trophy HD with the Black Lights.

WV TURKEY THUG

I think I'm going to go with the covert mp6. Thanks everyone