News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

OH NO!!! What would you guys do?

Started by swampy, March 09, 2011, 03:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trkycaller

magicman

I love to bass fish also, but I'd be in the woods chasing some turkey.

swampy

It's not about the money it's about the competition and since our tournaments are close it's not as big of an investment anyways. We will be fishing near a big population of birds and most of the shoreline is public land. I have obligated myself so i guess ill be fishing. What about florida anybody think its worth the cash they have a 10 day license thats reasonable round 50 bucks but a nonresident turkey fee thats like 150.I learned the turkey hunting game on public land so i aint intimidated by that i could hunt the weekend prior to our opener
CLUCK, YELP, BOOM.

Basser69

Quote from: swampy on March 09, 2011, 05:01:27 PM
It's not about the money it's about the competition and since our tournaments are close it's not as big of an investment anyways. We will be fishing near a big population of birds and most of the shoreline is public land. I have obligated myself so i guess ill be fishing. What about florida anybody think its worth the cash they have a 10 day license thats reasonable round 50 bucks but a nonresident turkey fee thats like 150.I learned the turkey hunting game on public land so i aint intimidated by that i could hunt the weekend prior to our opener

I am not so sure that I would not slip a gun and some camo in a rod locker. I have a friend here in Alabama that hunts one of the management areas and approaches by boat. The birds on it will not work towards the road but can be called towards the water everytime.

harvester

:fud: :newmascot:

Nuff said. Turkey season is only so long. Fishin is for when you CAN'T go huntin.

turkeybow

You should have known the answer you would get asking that on a turkey hunting forum.  HUNT  
:fud: :newmascot:
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

Flydown

CASH

There will be bass tourneys all year long.  Bust some noggins!
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

new2turkey

Quote from: swampy on March 09, 2011, 04:25:08 PM
Yeah i hear you guys. I already know how this story ends text after text call after call from the guys saying how hot the birds were while i'm fishing. I do very much enjoy my bass fishing but it's more of the obligation to my fishing partner than anything else. Weigh in is at 3 so I may just hunt that evening. I just wonder how I'm going to concentrate on my fishing when birds are framming in the river bottom and guns are going off.First opening day I'll miss in well since 99.

If you do decide to go that afternoon your streak will continue   :you_rock:

swampy

You are all right i've always fished when i couldnt hunt but i've always wanted to try the tournament deal. I think I'll just make the best of it and do both. A good day would be to finish first in the tournament get in the woods around 4 and you guys know what happens when one gobbles that late in the day he usually rides home with you. I'm lucky to have a big piece of ground to roam around on with a good many birds so I'll just run and gun till i strike one and if i dont ill try and get one roosted for a quick sunday morning hunt if all goes well.
CLUCK, YELP, BOOM.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

mnturkey

This year I will not but in many years past I have gone turkey hunting on the MN fishing opener.
back when I first started turkey hunting it was much easier to get a permit for that time period because a lot of guys would not want to miss the opener.
I would hunt
SEMPER FI

Shotgun

Heck this is a no brainer.  I'd go to Florida and hunt now.  When Georgia opens up I'd have partner drop me off on bank of the public land before daylight and hunt the first few hours and then have him pick me up later in the morning to help catch some fish before weigh in.

lmbhngr

Fishin over turkey huntin?? Really??