turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TURKEY MOUNT SUGGESTIONS

Started by El Pavo Grande, June 07, 2013, 12:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pavo Grande

I have a turkey in the freezer from this spring that I plan on getting mounted.  I have one mounted in a half strut, so I don't really want another mount of one strutting right now.  This gobbler has 5 beards, so I want a mount that will highlight the beards.  The main beard is thick, but the extra beards are nothing all that big.  I have been wanting to get another one mounted, so I figured I would this one.  I am thinking a straight up standing mount or gobbling on a limb.  What do y'all think?

TRKYHTR

I am mounting one for a friend that has 5 beards. He is having it mounted on a limb so it will show off the beards. I never like a gobbling mount. The open mouth never looks real.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Timberland Taxidermy

I apologize for not having any finished pictures of this bird but here is a rio I did in a roosted pose that would show off multiple beards. I raised his back feathers just a tad and dropped his wings to emulate having just strutted, or getting ready to.

DirtNap647

I always liked a 1/4 strut pose

guesswho

For multibeards I like gobbling on the limb. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

GOOSESLAYER

My next mounts going to be one launching from the roost. This would also show of multiple beards

ILHUNTER

I would go with gobbling on the limb, Here is mine from last year

lightsoutcalls

Another vote for gobbling on the limb.  Being able to mount the bird on a wall instead of some sort of base saves a lot of floor space... which is a big plus for me.  I had my double bearded bird from KS 3 years ago mounted gobbling on a limb. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

El Pavo Grande

Quote from: Timberland Taxidermy on June 07, 2013, 01:10:39 AM
I apologize for not having any finished pictures of this bird but here is a rio I did in a roosted pose that would show off multiple beards. I raised his back feathers just a tad and dropped his wings to emulate having just strutted, or getting ready to.

I really like that mount.  The feathers look perfect.  You did an incredible job!!!

All the mounts look great and all good poses.  Thanks for sharing ideas. 

BHMTitan

Here is mine, roosted on a limb in a relaxed position.

HoggleGobble

Quote from: BHMTitan on June 07, 2013, 12:51:39 PM

Who did youg get to mount this??!?!? This looks FANTASITIC! Like a real bird on the limb.

BHMTitan

Quote from: HoggleGobble on June 07, 2013, 02:45:28 PM
Quote from: BHMTitan on June 07, 2013, 12:51:39 PM

Who did youg get to mount this??!?!? This looks FANTASITIC! Like a real bird on the limb.
Thanks! I really like the pose I picked. He's just relaxed, hanging out in my den... not frozen in mid gobble.

Taxidermist was John Beard in Dickson, TN.  Check out his website, more pics of mine is shown under the "2011" link.

http://birdsonly1.shutterfly.com

derek

This was the best way I could find to truly show off the beards. 

www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Gobbling walking forward or gobbling on the limb