Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Got my turkey back from Hazel Creek Taxidermy!

Started by busta biggun, June 06, 2013, 10:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

busta biggun

I love this thing. Can't get any work done because I just keep staring at it, remembering the hunt. This was a bird I spent 3 solid days chasing in Kansas. The beard sticking out may look a little strange, but that is what he was doing as he came in. On his head I asked them to tone down the brightness of the red, and the amount of red as sometimes taxidermists overdo it a bit.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

FANMAN

bigbird

mikejd

stinkpickle

Awesome!!!  There's a reason those Morris fellers get so much business.

headbanger

The mount looks fantastic :happy0064: The beard does not look strange at all...I see that regularly on strutting birds. Beautiful!

nsselle

eddie234

Very nice. Im still waiting to get a bird worthy enough to get mounted.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: stinkpickle on June 06, 2013, 10:45:57 AM

IMO, they are the best. Personally, I like Rick and Drake. Great job on the head!
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Gold Spur

That is a awesome looking mount. I think it's one of the best I've ever seen...... :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Rokhal07

busta biggun

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on June 06, 2013, 11:36:48 AM
Quote from: stinkpickle on June 06, 2013, 10:45:57 AM

IMO, they are the best. Personally, I like Rick and Drake. Great job on the head!

Hey Spring Creek. I agree with you about liking the guys at the Turkey Roost. My buddy and I went there to get his two turkeys done and I went to Hazel Creek. Rick and Drake will take as much time as you want to talk them. They will let you look around as long as you like to try to decide how you want it mounted. Hazel Creek is more down to business. That being said, I think the work at Hazel Creek is better overall. Better consistency. They ALWAYS look perfect to me. Also if you notice the breast of mine is "tiled" and is "puffier" than all of the mounts I saw at TR. Not saying they can't do it, I just didn't see any and HC had lots of tiled birds. They are much harder to do than a smooth breast. My buddy liked his two birds from TR a lot. But when he saw mine he agreed he liked mine a lot more. But my bird probably cost twice as much as his. I am probably way too picky.