OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How many miles did you travel hunting turkeys this spring?

Started by WyoHunter, June 05, 2013, 01:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many miles did you travel hunting turkeys this spring?

0 - 50
51- 100
101- 500
501 - 1000
Over 1001

WyoHunter

I traveled more this year than I ever have before - about 3200 miles. The hunting was great but the seasons ended too soon!  :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

mudhen

Almost 9000 miles. 

Less than most years for me, but we have been combining trips as of late...

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

VaTuRkStOmPeR

8200 miles on my f250 chasing birds from here to there and back...

mikejd

I would say about 600 and That's not counting the 50 miles on foot.
I tried telling my wife if I hunted the whole 31 day season I'd be ripped with a 6pack again.
She said yeh but your keys won't work when you get back.lol.

redarrow

In Michigan we get one tag. Drove 45 miles opening morning,shot a gobbler at 9 am drove 45 miles back home. all done. Really kind of a let down after waiting all year.

mikejd

Quote from: redarrow on June 05, 2013, 09:10:53 AM
In Michigan we get one tag. Drove 45 miles opening morning,shot a gobbler at 9 am drove 45 miles back home. all done. Really kind of a let down after waiting all year.

Wow. That's rough. Going to be a long year.

njdevilsb

It's roughly 20 miles to our spot, so 40 miles round trip to hunt.  Plus scouting the night before on all of those days would be another 40.  We hunted I think 10 days.  That would be 800 plus we often go back and forth between a couple spots down there and just checking fields we can't hunt to see what's around.  I'd say pretty close to 1000 miles this spring.

bigbird

I was working up off of Lake Michigan and had to drive 200+ miles to the southern part of Indiana just come home to hunt turkeys this year. It was worth it I had a great year share a lot of great memories with a lot of good friends and my son,we all got birds!

El Pavo Grande

Just an estimate, but wouldn't doubt if it was around the neighborhood of 8,000 or more.  That sounds crazy and I have never really added up the miles.  I do know the gas expense hurts the wallet pretty bad.

coyote1

Quote from: redarrow on June 05, 2013, 09:10:53 AM

I hear you. Drove 11 miles there and 11 back. Did the same the second day and got a gobbler at 8 am and season over. I have hunted 3 years with a total of 4 days in the field and 3 turkeys in the freezer. Living in Michigan makes for a short season even if you are not successful, most of our seasons are only six days.

Rokhal07

If i did all my calculations right just over 5000 miles. Approx 1500 roundtrip to florida,3400 to kansas and wyoming and about 100 back and forth to the local place i hunt

DirtNap647

Yoder409

Right around 3500.

Kinda a piker compared to some of the hardcore fellers.  :-\
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

n2deer

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck