OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey hunting boots

Started by BreamFly, March 09, 2011, 02:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boyhowdy

Quote from: busta biggun on March 15, 2011, 12:12:21 PM
The nekkid thing is DEFINITELY not necessary!  :o

I have those same boots and I was just picturing myself running down my neighborhood streets with those suckers on. Too funny. I am surprised you had to break them in as mine felt good right out of the box. Regardless you have some nice boots that you're gonna love for a long time.

actually - I was running down a dirt road in a NWR close to my house with camo fatigues on, then a Federal Game Warden rounded a curve in his truck, I thought 'I bet he thinks there's something going on here', but I know the guy and he already knows I'm crazy, and he actually had the same boots and was having the same problem with them pinching the back of his leg, so he probably didnt think much about it.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Odessa

I'll be the Lone Ranger here - still like the Browning Kangaroo leather lace up - the pair I have now are Goretex lined.  They are green and not camo, but the snake gators I put over them are camo.  The boots are light, comfortable, and water resistant.
"I admire a good turkey hunter chiefly because such a man displays qualities that we usually associate with pioneer America-patience, enthusiasm, woodcraft, game sense, and a quiet hardihood undaunted by rain, by cold, by long tough miles, by disappointment."
Archibald Rutledge

Snoody Bastid

My turkey boots a a pair of LaCrosse camo lace-ups (I fotgot the model) I wore them all winter and no leaks. They are uninsulated but kept me pretty warm. Comfortable too..

Ranman

I have worn the Rockie side sips for 2 years, very light and comfortable. Danner does make a nice boot though.
Ranman

neal

Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 09, 2011, 05:58:48 PM
Danner Pronghorns!! :z-winnersmiley:

By far the BEST boot I have ever owned!!!!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

jabbo

My Danner Pronghorns are supposed to be here today. Looked at all types of boots and came to the conclusion that the danners were the best bang for the buck. I found them for $158.00 plus S&H.

SKFOOTER

Quote from: jabbo on March 17, 2011, 08:09:18 AM
My Danner Pronghorns are supposed to be here today. Looked at all types of boots and came to the conclusion that the danners were the best bang for the buck. I found them for $158.00 plus S&H.
May I ask where you found them for that price??

jabbo

Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 17, 2011, 10:54:31 AM
Quote from: jabbo on March 17, 2011, 08:09:18 AM
May I ask where you found them for that price??
Don't know if live links are allowed here so if they're not, Mods. please remove. Thanks!!!

http://www.riflemagazine.com/catalog/detail.cfm?ProductID=1472

Devastator

never needed to break in my jackals.can't believe there is not more people that wear them!

Beretta686

Russel Moccasin company Turkey Hunter Boots. They are snake boots and give your ankles support. Second pair I have owned. If they didn't lengthen my leg when they put my new hip in I would still have the original pair. They custom built it with a lift in it and couldn't take it out.

I wore a pair of Rocky snake boots out in one season, they are junk with no warranty.

Spend as much as you can afford, your boots are no place to skimp
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005