OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey hunting boots

Started by BreamFly, March 09, 2011, 02:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muskie03

Irish Setter Tamarack boots. Some of the gnarliest treads you'll ever see.
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

FLTurkey

Another vote for Irish Setter.  As good as Danner and less money.

John

Neill_Prater

I wear the Redhead zippered boots as well. I love them. The zipper is the handiest thing I've ever seen. Super easy on and off. I also like them, because even being non-insulated, on warm days, your feet will get hot. Lots of times, when I set up, I'll just unzip my boots, allowing your feet to breathe some and cool down. Same thing when driving from one area to another. Use mink oil or a similar waterproofer on the leather portions, and a waterproofing spray on the Cordura uppers, and they are as waterproof as any boot I've owned. Neill

LX_Trkyhntr

I have no complaints about my Danner Pronhorn snake boots!!
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

turkey_slayer

Wow the pronghorns are the most used it looks like.  I must be the unluckiest person in the world cause I've had 3 pair and they all leaked right out of the box.  They rubbed blisters on my heel when new but once they broke in they were comfortable just couldnt wear them walking through grass with dew  :character0029: Their customer service is good and sent me prepaid shipping labels.  I've switched to hiking boots and will never go back.

Basser69

I like my Lacross snake boots but i have managed to blow the zipper out after 4 or 5 seasons.

Rio Fan

I've been happy with my Danner Pronghorns.

boyhowdy

I wish they still made the Danner Jackal Snakeboots with the flat sole. They were very comfortable and you could slip in them like you can in sock feet.  The Pronghorns I've got are stiff, and the footbed is comfortable, but you can't feel anything through the sole.

bow junkie

Quote from: NYbassman on March 09, 2011, 07:06:01 PM
Quote from: BreamFly on March 09, 2011, 02:38:08 PM
tall lace up camo turkey hunting boots.

Guys I love my muck boots as much as anybody, but didn't you read the post. He wants Lace ups.

Sorry to hijack, but muck boots do have a lace up model. I bought a pair last year and never took the tags off.  They are the whitetail 400. I don't have a real use for them, hard to hunt the swamps of Louisiana with that type of boot.  Might as well use flip flops.  But they look awesome and are comfortable.  Never got to try the danners but would

VAHUNTER

last spring i bought a pair of Danner pronghorns. ended up returning them 3x before i found a pair that would not leak while walking through wet grass
Good things come to those who wait

boyhowdy

update on the pronghorns,  after running 4 miles in them and walking about 10, I finally got them broke in- they no longer are uncomfortable

busta biggun

Hey boyhowdy, I will send you $5 if you post a video of you running in your pronghorn snake boots! I am sure that was quite a sight! Particularly if you were wearing shorts.

boyhowdy

Quote from: busta biggun on March 15, 2011, 11:03:02 AM
Hey boyhowdy, I will send you $5 if you post a video of you running in your pronghorn snake boots! I am sure that was quite a sight! Particularly if you were wearing shorts.

I figured - Hey, they do it in the Army every day --

no shorts, but believe it or not, I did, better to run in them now, than to be on top of a moutain crying about 'em in turkey season- I didn't video it and I'm not smart enough to post one, but for $20 I'll figure it out, for $100 I might do it nekkid

busta biggun

The nekkid thing is DEFINITELY not necessary!  :o

I have those same boots and I was just picturing myself running down my neighborhood streets with those suckers on. Too funny. I am surprised you had to break them in as mine felt good right out of the box. Regardless you have some nice boots that you're gonna love for a long time.

Spring Creek Calls

I bought a pair of Irish Setter's last year. They are great boots at a great price. I'm so happy I didn't spend the extra $'s for the Danner's.

:z-paddy-smiley113:
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com