OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Phone: iPhone4 or Droid?

Started by mmusso, March 09, 2011, 02:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmusso

I have Verizon, and my current BlackBerry is dead, so it's new phone time. I had an iPhone before with AT&T, but am not sure if I want another one or to go the Droid route. Does anyone have the Verizon iPhone or have had both of these? I can't make my mind up.

Jourdan_D

I have a droid incredible and love it.  Iphone4 is awesome also just to big for my likeing.......thats what she said :whip2:

Basser69

AT&T has better data coverage and Verizon has better cell coverage. I am not sure which one is more important to you.

bowhunter84

i have an at&t iphone 3g and i cant wait to get out of it. i think it's more at&t than it is the iphone that i dont like

Mossy517

Verizon and Droid, dont look back
HuntingPA... Lacaster, York, Perry and Centre counties

Basser69

Oh the i-phone5  is going to be out in May or June

gophert

If you go with the Iphone and never try an Android phone, you will be very happy.  Apple makes some cool, easy to use products. (I use an ipad all day)  However, if you ever get an android phone (droid, i currently have the EVO from sprint) you will never consider buying an iphone.  My EVO will run circles around any iphone.  With anything, they take time to figure out to get the most out of them. 

If you want simple and easy to use right out of the box go with Iphone..If you want the best, coolest, most useable phone, go with one of the top android phones.

mcharlton

I had the Droid 1 ... I loved it but it finally failed and Verizon replaced it with the Droid 2 ... which I also like a lot.  The droids are great phones and extreamly customizable.  On that note that iphone is also a great phone.  You really can't go wrong!

ericjames

cfrye11

I'm in the exact same situation. I think I'm going to go with Droid X. I have been waiting for soemthing new to come out but I don't know how much longer I can wait.

Singlebarrel

I sell Verizon phones / service.  I definitely think that the Droid is a better phone.  So many people get "tunnel vision" when it comes to Apple products, & don't look at the actual specs when comparing to a different brand.

IMO, the Droid X is the best product on the market today.  It may be outdone once the Droid Bionic or HTC Thunderbolt are realeased, but nobody know when that will be...

Comparing the X to the iPhone 4:
X has a higher MP camera
X plays recorded HD video to your TV via HDMI cable
X has a removable / consumer replaceable battery
X has removable / expandable memory
X has a larger screen
X supports Adobe Flash
X has a built in FM radio tuner

Not to mention that the Android Market is the fastest growing app store around.  500% growth in 2010 vs. 100% for Apple.  Not to mention that over 50% of android apps are free compared to 30% of Apple's.

TurkeyPotpie

I just dumped verizon on something I was not happy about.

Went over to Sprint and running the HTC Evo now.

I could not be happier with my switch over.

Used to run an Iphone before the Androids hit the scene

The Android phones are definately they way to go if you want all the bells and whistles.

turkeytromp

I phone 4 with at&t the only way to go! I love it :z-guntootsmiley:

crenshawco

Another vote for Droid.

I have the Droid X and the maps are awesome on it. It can be like a gps in the car with turn by turn directions, but it also has aerials that are very practical in the woods. I use mine all the time