OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I got one today!!!!!!

Started by strutzone, March 09, 2011, 02:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strutzone

I was lucky enough to harvest a nice Osceola this morning. I thought I would share a couple photos and stats with everyone. Weight 18.1lb, beard 10 1/8" with 7/8 and 1" spurs. I shot him in a marshy area with about 4" of water. It was really more luck than skill though. He was being pulled by two hens that wanted nothing to do with me and my calling.  So I decided to try and reposition myself in front of them with hopes I wouldn't be seen doing so. Needless to say it worked. Following the shot there was a brief wrestling match that I'm sure must have looked quite comical to any onlookers. Good luck and safe hunting.  

Flydown

sugarray

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Cooter

-}}}--------->

JVA54

vicksburg

Fine bird!!! Congrats  :you_rock:

I bet it's tough hunting those suckers down there while wearing an orange vest!!! :goofball:   :TooFunny:
]

Jourdan_D

:anim_65: :anim_65: Congrats.  Ive got a a week and a half until my opener and can't wait!!!

Hognutz

Way to go, Strutzone. That will get the heart pumping on more than a few of the guys here, that are waiting patiently for their turn..Well done..Mike :icon_thumright: :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

longspur

paintbrush

jshively

Nice bird and good job flanking them.  I love it when a plan works!! :z-guntootsmiley:

LX_Trkyhntr

Congrats!! Sounds like a fun hunt!!  Way to do what it takes to get it done!!!
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

swampy

That's a way to do it. I've never really thought about getting the season started earlier by going out of state to hunt. I live 30 minutes from florida and have a bass fishing tournament on the opening day of the georgia season needless to say im thinkin about it now seeing you guys getting it start in flo.
CLUCK, YELP, BOOM.

busta biggun

:wav:

Congrats on an awesome bird!