turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

PA Tom #2 Last Day Success

Started by beagler, June 02, 2013, 08:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beagler

I knew this bird was in the general area. Problem was he never roosted in the same spot successively. One morning he would be in a tall pine, the next in a large oak well over a half mile away. I recognized him by a curve in his beard.
Friday morning was the last day of our season here in Pa and I had four possible locations to hunt try and hunt this bird. I picked the right one. I heard him gobble at first light in a tree I've seen him roost in before. I hightailed it to the spot he flew down to the last time he was roosted there (he beat me before). I made one soft tree yelp and shut up. He pitched down and landed some 25yds from me. He was on the ground approximately six seconds before I sent him to turkey heaven.
18 lbs
8" beard
1" spurs

Never Misses

strut2

trkycaller

Rokhal07

Congrats. Last day birds are always nice!

kansas hooks

DUCKDIGGLER

MAKEemQUIVER

Congrats on the bird, that's one quick hunt haha
Go Big Blue!!!!!!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

tomstopper

albrubacker

Congrats! Those PA birds kicked my rear end 2 yrs in a row now.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

RutnNStrutn

That's the way to close out the season!! Congrats!! :icon_thumright:

Gold Spur

Congrats! That's a good one... :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.