OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What's Your Mainstay Call Type

Started by Nimrodmar10, March 09, 2011, 02:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not concerned with brands but what type call do you use the majority of the time?

Mouth Diaphragm
Friction Pot Call (Slate, Glass, etc.
Box Call (with attached lid)
Tube Call
Wingbone Call
Other (Please explain)

Nimrodmar10

I'm sure some of you are like me. I always put a diaphragm call in my mouth in case I need it for close range work, but 95% of my calling is done with a pot call, usually a slate. And I've got a box call in my  vest for a change of pace on occasion. But most of my turkeys are killed with a few soft clucks, yelps and purrs from the Cody with a leaf scratch thrown in for effect. I'm I the exception or the rule. Let us know what you use.

sugarray

I chose friction b/c that is what it has been the past 2 yrs, but this year may just be diaphragm.  We'll see what the season brings.

Trevor2

chose diaphram bc its always in my mouth till i need to purr then i break out the slate bc i cant master a purr on a diaphram
Strutstopper

Rio Fan

Nimrodmar10-
I basically do what you do in that I always have a mouth call in, but I use a pot call for the majority of my hunting.  I prefer glass and aluminum, but I will use slate at times.  I also always have a boxcall in my vest. 

Tail Feathers

I carry a variety of calls but 95% of my calling is done with a mouth call.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

drum817

I voted slate but I usually mix it up pretty good between Slate calls, Mouth calls & Box calls.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

hoyt

I carry all types, but my favorite and most used is the mouth diaphragm.

Basser69

Like others have state, I carry a lot of calls but most of my calling is done with the mouth call.

mossy835

Unlike others I do not like or use a mouth call. I know some of you can use them but I can not so I use a pot call and for now until my new scratch call arrives a Gaskins cedar scratch box. I carry  a box call but I do not like the way it sounds so it stays in the vest until replaced.

stinkpickle

jwhunter

same here

bowhunter84

i use my fatal attraxion glass and slate call more than anything

busta biggun

I use my Wendell Rye aluminum pot 90% of the time.

NYbassman

Diaphragm for me. I just find them more realistic sounding, as far as being able to add voice inflection and what not.

jshively

Quote from: jwhunter on March 09, 2011, 03:47:38 PM

same here
:agreed: