turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A Suprising & Touching Gift

Started by tomstopper, May 28, 2013, 09:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

I went to my mother-in-laws yesterday & she brought out a bag of shells & told me that her friend Anita wanted me to have them if I could use them. As I was looking at them she also brought out a 12 gauge Remington 870™ Express Super Magnum (23in barrel) with a Turkey Extra Full choke & said she wanted me to have this as well. I had only met this lady once before & it was last year when she was going to sell it to me. I turned it down b/c I wanted to put the money towards a semi auto. Her kids didn't want it & she wanted someone to have it who would appreciate it as much as her husband did. I am still touched by her gift. Any ideas on what to give her as a thank you gift?

WiLL B

I have one just like it. It's a killer!! It kicks bad but it will sure enough kill a turkey. It looks like it's in fine shape too!

WV Ridge Reaper

A big wet kiss!!! But no serious maybe go mow her yard a few times or something like that.

Rapscallion Vermilion

Treat her and a guest of her choice to a nice dinner at a place of her choosing.

redarrow

Thats sweet. Maybe a personalized Bible to honor her husbands memory. :cross2:

DirtNap647

very nice of her
Quote from: redarrow on May 28, 2013, 09:58:45 PM
Thats sweet. Maybe a personalized Bible to honor her husbands memory. :cross2:
...good idea

TRKYHTR

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on May 28, 2013, 09:55:05 PM
Treat her and a guest of her choice to a nice dinner at a place of her choosing.

I think this is a good idea. Every year around Thanksgiving I buy a Honey baked ham for all the ranchers that let me hunt. I would go to the nicest restaurant in the area where she lives and get her a gift certificate.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

tomstopper

Thanks for the advice guys. I think both the dinner idea & the bible idea are fantastic. I think I will do both. Thanks again......

goblr77

That's great that she thought enough of you to give you the gun. I'm sure you felt honored.

bowmike

Help her out around the house. It is tough for a lady to do it all herself. Change her oil a few times and mow her grass, help put up christmas lights. Something like that. Be sure to let her know when you get a bird with it as well.