turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Happy girl in the woods

Started by turkeyfeathers, May 28, 2013, 12:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyfeathers

Took my 10 yr old with me. Woke her at 3:30 am. She was standing in kitchen at 3:32 ready and awake. Sitting by 5.  We had a bird gobble on roost and hit the deck only to hen up and wouldn't talk again. She gave the thumbs up at the gobbles and whispered game on.  Fox and her two pups very near ,numerous songbirds and deer doing the snort and foot stomps. She loved it. I have taken her since she was about 2 to 'listen to the woods wake up" as she's phrased it. First time during actual season.  Glad she got to hear a bird. Breakfast on the way home. Fun day.
Yesterday we had it again. No birds talking. Another fun day though. Amazed at how unfidigity she is. Thanked me so many times for taking her. Said i couldn't chose a better hunting partner. Think we're both a little whooped today as neither one of us got a nap in.

longspur

trkycaller

zeke632

DirtNap647

tomstopper

Gold Spur

She will remember those days forever... :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

BBD

gobblerassassin21

Way to get her into the outdoors!!!!! Great memories

ILHUNTER

Thats awesome, she will remember those days for the rest of her life, I've been dtrying to do the same thing with my 7 year old son, he loves it also.

beagler

Never Misses

steveo

:icon_thumright:   Thats what its about having fun !!!!!! no kill needed, but when it happens it will be SWEET ! :happy0064:

barry

Hope you 2 have many more mornings where you get to ''listen to the woods wake up"!

archery1

:z-winnersmiley:
Quote from: steveo on May 29, 2013, 05:37:00 PM
:icon_thumright:   Thats what its about having fun !!!!!! no kill needed, but when it happens it will be SWEET ! :happy0064:
Take a kid hunting

MKMGOBL

AWESOME read turkeyfeathers ;D

I went through the same thing this year with my son who's 8. He got up every morning without any issues and was ready to give it 100%. We heard birds and had action every time out and we chalked up every time out as great hunt. I've been telling him since day one, it not about toe tagging a bird every time we go out but more about learning something on every hunt. If he learns something new each time we are out...it was a successful hunt ;) Keeping it fun without the pressure of getting it done make a world of difference in getting them up at 3:45am.

On the way home after every hunt we stopped for breakfast as well. A perfect time for us to reflect on the mornings hunt and go through what he learned. You would be amazed on just how much young hunters pick up when it's fun and without any pressure. Keep it up and you'll have a hunting buddy for life :camohat:
"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"