turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Armadillos

Started by catman529, May 27, 2013, 04:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HogBiologist

Dillos are insectivores.  They don't eat eggs.  They may disturb nests, but they are not after the eggs nor do they eat them.

QuoteThe diets of different armadillo species vary, but consist mainly of insects, grubs, and other invertebrates. Some species, however, feed almost entirely on ants and termites.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

ILIKEHEVI-13

My boy called me outside the other nite I think it was Monday and there was one in our yard. 

surehuntsalot

we have them by the thousands here in Ms.
they root around after bugs,they will tear your yard to pieces digging.
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

TRKYHTR

Never seen one in the wild.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: TRKYHTR on May 30, 2013, 10:33:24 PM

TRKYHTR

MO used to not have a 1 say 5 yrs ago.  Now they are dang near all over southeast MO.  I had one last year wake me up from a catnap at about 6 feet.  Scared the crap out of me.  I still can't believe I didn't shoot the thing.  They are known to carry leprosy. 

GobbleNut

TRKYHTR

As much as you have covered the country turkey hunting, Joe,...that is pretty surprising.  You must wear armadillo repellent! 

TRKYHTR

Quote from: GobbleNut on May 31, 2013, 08:40:54 AM

TRKYHTR

As much as you have covered the country turkey hunting, Joe,...that is pretty surprising.  You must wear armadillo repellent!

I have seen some dead ones in the road but never seen one alive in the field.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Gooserbat

Quote from: TRKYHTR on May 31, 2013, 10:07:19 AM
Quote from: GobbleNut on May 31, 2013, 08:40:54 AM

TRKYHTR

I have seen some dead ones in the road but never seen one alive in the field.

TRKYHTR

Wow, I dare say I've seen hundreds of the things.  Still don't know what they're good for.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

HogBiologist

I have killed 5 dillos in my yard in the last 2 months.  First one was a very big sucker.  Got one yesterday.  Also killed two skunks recently.  One almost completely black and the other almost completely white.
Certified Wildlife Biologist