OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Will Primos, Eddie Salter, Harold Knight and more

Started by Arlo, March 09, 2011, 09:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

younggun

I would agree with you on that do I consider them legends no, do I consider them pioneers in turkey calling (commerically) yes. I have also sat on the back of a tailgate with Rutledge some years back, he was in TN with Aaron Tippin. We talked turkey calling, life, and different strategies. I saw him about three yrs after that and did not figure he would remember me but gave it a shot anyways and before I could ask him if he remembered me he cut me off and said aren't you the guy from Tippin's store. Stand up guy in my opinion.

wareagle99

should have seen this one coming....anytime you mention a successful hunting personality it turns into a  :TrainWreck1:

I've met all those guys and they seem like good folks...I'm not mad cause they made a buck or two pushing huntng stuff...I would choose Tom Kelly a thousand times over to hunt with if I had my choice though....just my .02

shootumindaface

Quote from: wareagle99 on March 09, 2011, 11:13:46 AM
should have seen this one coming....anytime you mention a successful hunting personality it turns into a  :TrainWreck1:

If you are implying I have a general hate to big time tv hunters you are false, envy yeah, jealousy No.. All I have met in person which is a bunch all seemed like down to earth fellas who felt blessed to be in the position they are in...

Arlo

I have a personally autographed book from the Colonel Tom Kelley.  Priceless in my opinion!
"I'd rather Turkey Hunt than breathe, I just can't figure out how to get away with it!"

grousec

i would love to meet those three, and would if I lived closer.  Sounds like lots of fun and memories.  Enjoy!!

VAHUNTER

Quote from: Sherrell on March 09, 2011, 09:28:09 AM
I would like to meet Eddie Salter again....met him in the early eighties and would so enjoy to get a squealing hen autographed by him. :goofball:
i'm sure he will have 2 or 3 of those secret weapons hanging around his neck  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Good things come to those who wait

Sherrell

I think he's came to the Florida swamps to many times Shawn and chased by the you know who!

You know! The Big guy!

Basser69

Quote from: Flydown on March 09, 2011, 10:42:08 AM
Quote from: Arlo on March 09, 2011, 09:24:27 AM
Marks Outdoors in Birmingham, Alabama is having a big event Thursday the 10th and Will, Eddie, Harold and some other legends will be there.  Wish I could get off work to go.  Not to often you get to meet a legend much less 4 or 5.

Marks Outdoors ALWAYS puts on a great event. And has some of the best prices on anything to do with hunting around these parts. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

That place will be so crowded, yo won't be able to stir them folks with a stick. I did some of the first turkey days at Marks but I won't now. I cannot handle the crowds anymore.

bowhunter84

Quote from: Basser69 on March 09, 2011, 01:01:44 PM
Quote from: Flydown on March 09, 2011, 10:42:08 AM
Quote from: Arlo on March 09, 2011, 09:24:27 AM
Marks Outdoors in Birmingham, Alabama is having a big event Thursday the 10th and Will, Eddie, Harold and some other legends will be there.  Wish I could get off work to go.  Not to often you get to meet a legend much less 4 or 5.

Marks Outdoors ALWAYS puts on a great event. And has some of the best prices on anything to do with hunting around these parts. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

That place will be so crowded, yo won't be able to stir them folks with a stick. I did some of the first turkey days at Marks but I won't now. I cannot handle the crowds anymore.
:agreed:

Hognutz

I met Eddie Salter at the Iowa Deer Classic, a few years back, and he was a great guy to talk to. I listened to the seminar he gave, and that was good, as well. I would say that he is getting payed to hawk their products, not develop them. What ever it takes to make a living, I guess.. From what I have seen, and the little I know of the guy, I think he is an average Joe, with a better than average job..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

busta biggun

Can anybody tell me where this song came from?

Eddie,....Eddie Salter,...king of the 10 inch beard!?

Flydown

Quote from: busta biggun on March 09, 2011, 02:54:49 PM
Can anybody tell me where this song came from?

Eddie,....Eddie Salter,...king of the 10 inch beard!?

TK and Mike

busta biggun

You got it! That was frekin' hilarious. I ran into both TK and Mike AND Eddie several years ago at the NWTF show. I don't even remember where it was but they were all three nice guys. I heard that one of the guys from TK and Mike died a while back. Too bad. I really liked their videos.

You get a gold star Flydown!

drum817

I got to meet Will and Eddie at the 2009 convention and it was a REAL pleasure for me.  Although I don't use their calls anymore, I did learn how to kill turkeys by watching the Primos and HS Strut DVD's.  I had no one to teach me the sport, and so for their help I will ALWAYS be thankful and I guess I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for those guys.....even if one of em' is selling a stupid squealing hen  ;D

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

StruttinGobbler3

Anybody remember this verse?? "Next thing ya know old Ed was getting paid, everybodys buyin all the calls that he made"  :TooFunny:
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion