OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bob Dixon Turkey Vest on eBay

Started by stilker, May 22, 2013, 04:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble!

Turkeyman

After looking at the photos of the vest my first thought was that I wouldn't want it if it was free. The majority of turkey vests I've seen could not have been designed by a true turkey hunter but rather an Asian marketer. Open loop shell holders, a bunch of little pockets you can't get two fingers in, etc.

cuppednlocked

I would not pay $500 for the vest, but I did pay $149.99 when they first came out.

Contrary to what BigAl wrote, I think the vest is quite comfortable and user friendly as far as pockets go.  I've never used the shell loops.  In fact I only carry 1 extra shell besides the 3 in my gun.

ccleroy

Actually of its time when it was made the Dixon vest was the best there was IMO, the tater looks very similar. It was made for a great cause and after a great man. Godspeed Bob Dixon.

weave

Not a bad looking vest but not at that price

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

DirtNap647

DeWayne Knight

The front view of it looks just like my Mossy Oak Limbhanger vest.  Not a bad vest...the seat is pretty comfy!

TJK68

I bought one when they first came out and sold it shortly after. I thought it was a great vest, but I also thought it very heavy.

jblackburn

That'll lighten the wallet so much that it won't matter if the vest is heavy!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

mspaci

I think its easier to move around w/o the vest. I always seem to do better when I leave the vest & only grab a few calls. Mike