turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

This years gobbler

Started by coyote1, May 21, 2013, 12:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote1

This is the second gobbler i have ever taken. I thought the hunt was going to be a bust because i jumped 3 birds off the roost when i went out to my blind in the morning. This was mistake #1, then at about 7 am i learned just how good a turkeys eyes are, had a nice bird about the size of this one come by at 50 yards and he wanted nothing to do with my calling, he was in a field so i let him get about 200 yards out and tried to stalk to the end of the field to cut him off staying 50 yards inside the wood line. I made it a whole 50 yards and he saw me and bolted. So i went back to my blind and 40 minutes later that same gobbler came out 300 yards away, so i made some yelps on my box call and heard a thundering gobble really close off to my right. So i went silent and a few minutes later this guy comes into view, he sees my decoys and heads straight for me and stops faceing me at 35 yards, so i let him have it.

trkycaller

troutfisher13111

Congrats! That's a hell of a second turkey

DirtNap647

boomer

tomstopper

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

WildSpur

Congrats on the great bird!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

eddie234

Thats a really good lookin bird

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Gold Spur

Congrats on a awesome bird.... :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

beagler

Never Misses

Super X3

RutnNStrutn

That's a good day!! A fine gobbler and a few lessons learned to help you improve next season. Congrats!! :icon_thumright:

coyote1

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase