OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My Taxidermy Skills!!

Started by WV Ridge Reaper, May 19, 2013, 08:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Ridge Reaper

Just thought I would throw this up to share.Called and Killed my first bird this year on opening day,had to let everything dry out.I looked and never really seen many topics on different ways to do stuff like this.So I just came up with the ideal as I went.Didn't take long and didn't cost a dime since I had everything around the house.

WV TURKEY THUG

Great job. You should of kept the tail feathers since it was your first bird haha.

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

tomstopper

DirtNap647

looks good congrats on your first bird

jblackburn

Congrats on the bird!

I like spraying the feet with polyurethane to keep them looking "fresh".
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: jblackburn on May 20, 2013, 04:09:49 PM
Congrats on the bird!

I like spraying the feet with polyurethane to keep them looking "fresh".

Thanks for the tip.I have the legs glued together with gorilla glue right now.But in the further or if these come apart what would you guys recommend holding them together like I have em now?

jblackburn

You might try drilling a hole from the backside, but not all the way through the top leg and using a small screw to hold them.  Not sure if it would work, just a though.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.