OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Michigan Double

Started by Super X3, May 19, 2013, 06:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super X3

My buddy and I finished up out season with our Michigan birds. His bird started gobbling on roost at 530 and was strutting in decoys at 640. Must have gobbled 30 times on roost. We had decided to wait it out till 10. At 820 mine responded off in the distance to some blind calling. He gobbled all the way to the edge of field when he seen decoys and strutted The remaining 30 yards to the set up. Couple minutes latter the season was over. Buddies was a nice two yr old and mine was a three yr old. 10" 1" 22.4#.
I just love chasing these birds around, specially when they do it Right. This makes 7 birds in 12 outings and every bird died within 4' of the avian x jake decoy. I am convinced they can't resist that thing. To each their own on the decoy and blind topic...its what I like. Good luck to the rest of guys still out.

jblackburn

Wow, judging from the blood, they never had a chance! Congrats!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

trkycaller

DirtNap647

congrats on the jellyheads

Rokhal07

Gold Spur

Congrats, nice birds... :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

beagler

Never Misses

El Pavo Grande

Congrats on a great morning!!!

boomer

tomstopper

Gooserbat

BAM!!! looks like you smoked their goose.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Spring Creek Calls

Good job! Looks like Freddie Krueger got hold of em.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Wrangler95

:you_rock:

Very nice gobblers,congrats!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

busta biggun

I have never seen so much blood from a turkey! Amazing. You put the crunch on those suckers. Congrats!!!

Super X3

Quote from: busta biggun on May 20, 2013, 03:45:42 PM
I have never seen so much blood from a turkey! Amazing. You put the crunch on those suckers. Congrats!!!

Thanks All! Was a lucky day.

I contemplated putting that picture up because it is a tad much for some, but I too had never seen one bleed out like that. After a stare down that seemed to last forever he turned his back to me just enough to get gun up and I got him square in the back of his head. Maybe that was the ticket. Now since I think back that probably is the first I have shot facing away.