turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Star Dot 835/935

Started by ky.trophy, May 19, 2013, 05:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

You must be getting confused with Highlander Sports.  The owner of Colonial Armns told me that is when the copying of their choke tube probably started.  And it may even be like Mike said the ones that have straight grooves at the top were copied as well. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Go read this. 

Remember Highlander went out of business in like 2003 or 2004. 

http://www.manta.com/c/mmlw2cq/ptc-technologies

nflorek

I just find it strange ca is using the px prefix at the end of the part number of there extra full turkey chokes, the same px is at the end of some of the pittmans.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

ILIKEHEVI-13

Where are you seeing a px on the Pittman chokes?  No chokes that I am aware of have a serial number on the choke tube itself. 

mikejd

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on June 22, 2013, 12:13:50 AM
You must be getting confused with Highlander Sports.  The owner of Colonial Armns told me that is when the copying of their choke tube probably started.  And it may even be like Mike said the ones that have straight grooves at the top were copied as well.

This is the part were i am confused.
Did Colonial market there chokes as stardot. Or did "stardot" (wich very well may  be walmart since they  were one of the largest retailers of the infamous star dot. like Ozark trail for there camping stuff) Have colonial manufacture there chokes. If this is the case at anytime stardot could have legally found a new manufacturer for any number of reasons. Its hard to believe that another company would actually steal the stardot name. I mean why not make a new name its not like they invented the choke just a design.

nflorek

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on June 22, 2013, 12:36:57 AM
Where are you seeing a px on the Pittman chokes?  No chokes that I am aware of have a serial number on the choke tube itself.
ipx so if ca didn't make the pittmans......and the originals had no writing? Why does ca still use the px?

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

mikejd

Maybe we need to ask preston and see what he knows.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Now I seee what you mean. 

Ok which one of you guys wants to call Traci Denson and ask her these questions.  I took the hit for us last time.  I really don't want to take it again.  You will see what I mean once you talk to her. 

mikejd

How do we reach her. Do I call colonial and just ask.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: mikejd on June 22, 2013, 04:35:26 PM
How do we reach her. Do I call colonial and just ask.

Yep.  Just say I want to speak to the owner. 

jamo

Also if you notice, on the preston pittman package, at the top were the 3 dot are they are green/red/green. on the original package thry are red/green/ red !

Grobec1

This is what min looks like.

mikejd

Quote from: Grobec1 on June 25, 2013, 06:36:37 PM
This is what min looks like.

Grobec, I wish we could tell you who made it( beside stardot). Anyway how does she shoot.

Grobec1

With Winchester HV 3 1/2" #6 consistently shoots @ 126 in a 10" at 40yds.
with an even pattern. Never measured the 20". Shot one shell of hevi shot Mag Blend and got around the same #'s.