OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Star Dot 835/935

Started by ky.trophy, May 19, 2013, 05:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nflorek

These are 3 that I have that have never been out of the package till this picture. My opinion is from left to right this is the order they went in. Maybe I'm wrong, but I will post pics with my reasoning behind it when I get some more pic's together of the packaging.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

nflorek

This is what "I" believe to be the first ones out with the screw on star dot sights because there is  no website anywhere on the package (internet wasn't all the big in the late 90's)and never remember the other blue and yellow packages till later on

nflorek

Now this one has the same number but also has the website listed

nflorek

Different number and website, also hevi shot approved

nflorek

You can see the differences in some of  the ones I have,  the only consistency is they are all .676

vt35mag

Mine is like the one all the way to the left.  Hopefully you find they all throw out pretty much identical patterns.

mikejd

Quote from: nflorek on June 21, 2013, 12:45:57 PM
You can see the differences in some of  the ones I have,  the only consistency is they are all .676

It is funny that we took this 6 pages so far and we still have no more info then we started.
but nflorek you might be the answer we need. we need you to shoot all of your chokes out of the same gun under the same conditions and document your findings.

i say we take up a collection fund your ammo for the experiment.

Or we can have brad ( AKA I like hevi13) get a temp part time job at colonial to get the real info that we all want.

on a side note how come that any have to be counterfeit. If star Dot designed it does it really matter who makes it. I mean in reality I should be able to manufacture them in my basement if we use star dot specs. NO?

I bet they all shoot the same. Writing or no writing knurling or strait lines.

By the way colonial has still never responded to any of my emails. I think there on to us and they are not talking.

nflorek

I am going to do a test when I get some time with the different ones. I personally think they were all made at the same place and there is no "counterfeit". My friends family has owned a machine shop for 40+ year's doing government contracts for military vehicles and if you asked him about a part for a tank they made back in the late 90's I don't think he would remember to much of the details, and I'm sure its the same with the owner of ca. It sounds like there was business problems between ca and highlander sports, but we will never know for sure

mikejd

If we do finally find out the real answer how many of us will be left cold and lonely. Then what will we talk about.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: nflorek on June 21, 2013, 12:32:18 PM
This is what "I" believe to be the first ones out with the screw on star dot sights because there is  no website anywhere on the package (internet wasn't all the big in the late 90's)and never remember the other blue and yellow packages till later on

Well according to the owner of Colonial Arms that is incorrect.  They made no Star Dot choke that had Preston Pittman or any writing on the tube. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

I guess I'm gonna have to make another phone call and talk to Traci Denson. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: mikejd on June 21, 2013, 06:53:22 PM

It is funny that we took this 6 pages so far and we still have no more info then we started.
but nflorek you might be the answer we need. we need you to shoot all of your chokes out of the same gun under the same conditions and document your findings.

Or we can have brad ( AKA I like hevi13) get a temp part time job at colonial to get the real info that we all want.

on a side note how come that any have to be counterfeit. If star Dot designed it does it really matter who makes it. I mean in reality I should be able to manufacture them in my basement if we use star dot specs. NO?

By the way colonial has still never responded to any of my emails. I think there on to us and they are not talking.

I bet I can get an answer. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

But I don't think I want to go through all this again with her on the phone.  She's very concerned by what she says about Star Dot info.  I keep telling her that company is long gone and out of business.  They couldn't sue you if they wanted to.  They have no money.  And she will think I am a lawyer if I call her again.  It took me awhile to get any info out of her the last time we spoke on the phone. 

mikejd

Maybe she is an owner or partner. I havnt made a call just sent emails. I am going to try once more. I have been letting it lay as to not bother anybody.

nflorek

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on June 21, 2013, 11:56:21 PM
Quote from: mikejd on June 21, 2013, 06:53:22 PM

I bet I can get an answer.
Well when you call can you find out why if they didn't make them, they still use the px that they copied from the Pittmans at the end of all there extra full turkey chokes?