OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Star Dot 835/935

Started by ky.trophy, May 19, 2013, 05:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ky.trophy

For you guys looking for a star dot for your 835 or 935 there is one on gunbroker for $49.95

ILIKEHEVI-13

mikejd

Good deal. Hevi I'm supprised you didn't buy it yet.
Hay for that matter I'm supprised I didn't buy it yet.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well it's gone now.  Maybe they just needed my verification it was a true Star Dot.  LOL!  But I will also tell folks that see these if there is writing on the tube that says Moss 835 or any writing at all it's not an oiriginal Star Dot. 

mikejd

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on May 24, 2013, 02:15:34 PM
Well it's gone now.  Maybe they just needed my verification it was a true Star Dot.  LOL!  But I will also tell folks that see these if there is writing on the tube that says Moss 835 or any writing at all it's not an oiriginal Star Dot.

Hey that's probably it. I. Mean your high regard and your pattern pics to prove it made me get a star dot for an 835 only thing is I don't even have a mossberg. But you never know when I may. As for markings I have a stardot for my Win, Rem ans Moss and none of them have any markings. I believe the package has the restrictions.

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

vt35mag

And here's I thought I had an original... Good thing it only cost me $25

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: vt35mag on May 24, 2013, 07:19:11 PM

By that I mean it was'nt made by Colonial Arms who made the original Star Dot chokes. 

snoodlum

Knurling on the end of one pictured is different from my old original Stardot . Mine has straight lines on the knurled end.

vt35mag

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on May 24, 2013, 07:21:24 PM
Quote from: vt35mag on May 24, 2013, 07:19:11 PM

By that I mean it was'nt made by Colonial Arms who mad the original Star Dot chokes.

Yeah, I am just glad I didn't pay top dollar on something I thought was made by colonial arms.  It has the original looking package, straight grooves rather than knurled like that one, and says "MOSS 835".

mikejd

Quote from: snoodlum on May 24, 2013, 08:05:54 PM
Knurling on the end of one pictured is different from my old original Stardot . Mine has straight lines on the knurled end.

Mine also has the strait lines not the knurled. the back of the package says highlander sports huntsville Alabama.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Colonial Arms made them both ways at the top.  Trust me I have had both. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: mikejd on May 24, 2013, 08:48:42 PM

Mine also has the strait lines not the knurled. the back of the package says highlander sports huntsville Alabama.

You got an original Star Dot.  Like I said the one I paid $10 shipped off gunbroker(try beating that price you all)  that I gave to a guy I worked with and one of my 300325 lot # 3.5" Hevi #7 loads said he shot it at 40yds and put 290 in a 9" circle(do the math).  So it shot just like the one I had from what he told me.  That's smokin for a 9" circle.  He told me he could'nt remember if I said 9" or 10" so he went with a 9". 

Now is there anymore questions about 835 Star Dot chokes. 

mikejd

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on May 24, 2013, 09:22:28 PM
Quote from: mikejd on May 24, 2013, 08:48:42 PM

You got an original Star Dot.  Like I said the one I paid $10 shipped off gunbroker(try beating that price you all)  that I gave to a guy I worked with and one of my 300325 lot # 3.5" Hevi #7 loads said he shot it at 40yds and put 290 in a 9" circle(do the math).  So it shot just like the one I had from what he told me.  That's smokin for a 9" circle.  He told me he could'nt remember if I said 9" or 10" so he went with a 9". 

Now is there anymore questions about 835 Star Dot chokes.

Im good. I got my Star Dot fix for today.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Here's what the original Star Dot choke package looked like to the best of my knowledge on 2 of the 3 835 Star Dot choke I have had.  The last one I bought new but without the package on ebay. 

Now when I spoke to the owner of Colonial Sports on the phone like a year or so ago, she told me that the very first Star Dot chokes were sold as a combo package she believed, but I don't think so.  I think what happened and her memory was vague, was that Highlander also had a rear and front sight combo package sold separately from the Star Dot choke.  And they were listed as Star Dot sight.  Let me show you.  And Highlander did all the packaging on these chokes. 

They looked like this.

And I think they came in a package just like the original Star Dot chokes but the package siad Star Dot Sight.  Sort of like this one but with the dual sight above.