turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bird #6 is on the ground!!!

Started by WNY Bowhunter, May 19, 2013, 01:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNY Bowhunter

I played host/guide to a buddy of mine this morning.  After a grueling 2 hours of having this bird drumming within 50-60 yds of us with a hen we were able to bust a cap in his butt.  The 2.5 ounces of Nitro Hevi-Shot from his 10 guage did a number on Mr. Tommy's noggin @ 40 yds.

Nice 2 year old...20 lbs., 9.5" beard, 7/8" spurs

This makes kill #6 for me this spring.  Gotta love it... :icon_thumright:!!! The birds are still henned up big time here in NY...

"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

njdevilsb

Congrats on 6.  And yes they are henned up.  We've been messing with a long spurred bird since the season opened and can't close the deal yet.  We had 2 hammering from 10 right until noon but couldn't get them to break this morning.  After we had to quit, we were talking to the landowner and they were still going crazy at 12:30.

WNY Bowhunter

Now that most of the "Wannabes" are out of the woods...I think that the die-hard hunters will kill some birds over the next week.  Good luck with the one that you are chasing.

mikejd

Nice bird congrats.

No doubt the next few weeks should get exiting. I just hope it stays cool I hate hunting in 90 degrees.

trkycaller

El Pavo Grande

Congrats on a great season thus far!!!

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on a hell of a season!! Henned up or not, you're laying them low!! :icon_thumright:

jblackburn

Congrats! I wish I had a tag somewhere!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

2much2loud

Quote from: WNY Bowhunter on May 19, 2013, 02:32:44 PM
Now that most of the "Wannabes" are out of the woods...I think that the die-hard hunters will kill some birds over the next week.  Good luck with the one that you are chasing.
I hope you are right .... The only turkey I have worked in NY is the one I shot on the first day.... Gobbling has been few and far between and I know there are birds were I have been hunting ... Congrats on #6

WNY Bowhunter

Thanks.  This season certainly has had the least amount of gobbling that I've heard in the past several years for sure.

DirtNap647

TauntoHawk

Nice man! Guys go home late in the season when it's warm and the birds aren't as prone to gobble up a storm but  I always felt the best chance at shoot a big bird was later in the season when those studs finally start to loose their harms of hens.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

beagler

Never Misses

lmbhngr

Nothing different in Cooperstown. Got one may 3rd. Since then it`s scary quiet!