OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

do you guys ever get sad

Started by WV TURKEY THUG, May 18, 2013, 05:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV TURKEY THUG

Well today was the last day of wv season. Well this morning me n my brother drove around in the truck to try and locate a turkey on the roost till about 7 heard two birds on the roost but don't have permission to hunt the property they was on. So we decided to try some public land so as i am in my truck trying to tune in my push pull with the windows rolled down and all of a sudden a bird gobbles about 100 yds away so we trues to sneak in and setup with no luck. Then around ten there was two birds gobbling on the other hillside. Tried working them with no luck. So we decided to head to the cabin. Right in are cabin yard there was a hen feeding about 50 yds from the truck didn't act scared at all very unusual. So I let my brother yelp at her a few times she yelped right back. She kept on looking around trying to figure out were that turkey was. We sat there for about 20 min and she walked off. She jumped up on a log even something I personally never saw before. It was about 11 30 and the neighbors were working on something . And there was two birds gobbling at almost every sound they made. So we hunted till 12 30 and had to call her quits. But the question I'm asking do u guys ever get kinda sad on the last day of turkey season. I just been sitting around all day thinking of the hunts I had this year. Man I wish it was opening day tommorow.

wvcurlytop

Yes, it is always a sad time of year for me.  I always think of what I should have done, could have done, wish I would have done, and now we've got to wait til next spring to try to do it right or wrong all over again. 

WV TURKEY THUG

Them thoughts have been running through my head Since I left the woods. Haha I really hate the last day of turkey season unless I get one. I think they need to slowly ween u off before they close it. Lol

mikejd

I usually am not even out on the last day of our season here in NY Im back at work but I still feel the same way even though Im 250 miles away from my hunting grounds.

WV Ridge Reaper

Yea,I am in a depressed mood haha.I sent my gun off today to get dipped and will be throwing a few things up on here for sale.Going to start getting ready for next year.I can't wait,I would also like to try and get to hunt down south next year before season hits here.

I got on plenty of birds and had a good time hunting with new people and new places.I learned a lot this year.

WV TURKEY THUG

I've learned a lot this year also and got 1 new place to hunt.

jblackburn

I've been going through a bit of a turkey depression. I hunted 23 days between April 1 and May 10 and quit cold turkey! pun intended.

I decided that turkey hunting must be like drugs, I'm detoxing and I just want one more fix!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

WV TURKEY THUG

I went everyday besides 3 or 4. And scouted Everyday besides 4 days since middle of march. Your right turkey hunting is a drug might have to try and go get one with my barehands lol. Now I just got to scout one bird for a few days and no every step he takes. Haven't figured out anything to help with the spurs pokeing u you. I might have to use one of my old welding helmet and a bulletproof vest and a couple bite sleeves. Just call me turkey man for now on haha. But I am gonna go out and watch some food plots tommorow to see whats around still

WildTigerTrout

The end of the spring gobbler season is a sad day but then I look forward to spending more time with my other favorite outdoor sport, flyfishing for trout. Also fall turkey is just that much closer!
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

jarbo03

With only 2 tags, I'm normally ready for it to be over. By that time looking forward to Oct. trip to Montana for upland, waterfowl, and antelope if drawn.

Sent from a gnarly phone with a kickstand

WV TURKEY THUG

I'm ready for them squirrels I seen the biggest fox squirrel of my life today. 5 yds from my cabin porch . I'm starting to think I should of stayed in bed this morning probably would of got a nice long beard. 2 years ago I slept in a little had a long night. I thought I was dreaming of a turkey gobbling. I had the window cracked in the room I was thinking man these turkeys are really getting to me so I got up grabbed the owl call out of my vest walked on the porch and blew in it a few times. And I was amazed a turkey answered me not 150 yds away never did get him. had him come in to 50 yds but couldn't get a shot. But I learned a very valuable lesson that morning. Sleep in the turkeys will wake u up when there ready.Haha

DirtNap647

i agree i go through all kinds of stuff shoulda done this maybe this would work i need that hate when seasons over even when i tag out i still go with people just to call

Jay

A little sad on the end, but have too much to do on my house remodel to dwell on Turkey season. Goal is to wrap up on the house, and go on a multi state Turkey killing rampage next year to make up for my 5 day, 2 Tom, hunting excursion this year.

El Pavo Grande

Usually by the end I am sleep deprived and ready for a break.  My wife tells me, "you know you don't have to go.  No one is twisting your arm", when I say I am tired.  BUT, if it is open I am going either with a gun or video camera.  Relieved a little it's over.  Need to catch up on lots of work around my place, but within a few days will wish it was open again.