turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

albert paul ?

Started by otis, May 17, 2013, 07:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otis

i got a pocket box  call made in all walnut and i love it  i want to get another one made that sounds different then walnut which combo  would you rec. i was thinking of cedar and purple heart how would that sound in a small box like that i know the normal size box in purple heart and cedar  is real raspy and thats what  .. would it  sound  the same in the small box also  please show pic. of the pocket calls if you have them

thanks   otis

hunter22

I recently got a Henry Davis pocket call from Albert in Ebony over Holly and it is one of the finest sounding short boxes I have run. It will see a lot of vest time next spring.

TRKYHTR

You should just call Albert and ask him about it. He should know better than anyone else.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

outdoors

HUNTER THATS > ONE REAL NICE CALL <  :icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

otis

:you_rock:  thanks for the help 

otis

M Sharpe

Quote from: TRKYHTR on May 17, 2013, 08:33:16 PM
You should just call Albert and ask him about it. He should know better than anyone else.

TRKYHTR

That's what I'd do!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

DirtNap647

call him good guy he will help you out

HartClemson99

Quote from: hunter22 on May 17, 2013, 08:32:50 PM
I recently got a Henry Davis pocket call from Albert in Ebony over Holly and it is one of the finest sounding short boxes I have run. It will see a lot of vest time next spring.

I own about 40 of Albert's calls and this is my favorite.  The sound is awesome.  My full sized Davis is coarse sounding like a jake.  It makes sense as during Davis' day, hunting in the fall was normal and it could have worked well on jakes.
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

zeke632

I bought a couple of his calls for my son's Christmas last year. They are really really good calls.

BIGBOB

I have two of Mr Pauls calls. Have used his box call to help harvest 5 birds the last two years. Would not want to go hunting without one.Mr Paul is a good man and will be glad to help you anyway he can.

slwayne

Quote from: otis on May 17, 2013, 07:48:17 PM
i got a pocket box  call made in all walnut and i love it  i want to get another one made that sounds different then walnut which combo  would you rec. i was thinking of cedar and purple heart how would that sound in a small box like that i know the normal size box in purple heart and cedar  is real raspy and thats what  .. would it  sound  the same in the small box also  please show pic. of the pocket calls if you have them

thanks   otis

Can't speak to what Mr. Paul's purpleheart over cedar will sound like but I have a Pocket Rocket by Scott Wilper in that combo and it is real raspy.  Neat little call for $25.

Rope

I also,have a all walnut pocket call. I'm waiting on a Henry Davis call like hunter22. It's what Mr. Albert recommended,and I took his word for it. Call and talk to him.
Freedom is NOT free

DUCKDIGGLER

The Henry Davis pocket call is evil! Man can that little call cut, tons of different turkeys in it. Wicked call!

hunter22

Here are some calls I recently got from Albert. Outstanding callmaker and great guy in my opinion.

TRKYHTR

Great looking calls. I don't think you got some of those recently. LOL

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck