turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Finally done in WV

Started by earlybird, May 17, 2013, 06:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

earlybird

Well this morning after I got off work and drove home,the wind was amazingly not blowing 40mph.I've been trying to get this one bird for the whole season and this morning he was out in the field strutting and gobblin his head off too anything that made a noise.I drove on down the road and then slipped back to about 200yds and got set up.I just gave a couple of soft yelps to let him know I was there.Next time he gobbled,he was out of the field going the other way.With the terrain and a very little bit of leaf cover,i slipped to within about 75yds.That must have put me in his comfort zone and after 1 more gobble he shut up,i slipped off the safety and about 3 min later I saw that red head pop up over the ridge and he was already in range.Season over,9 3/4" beard,1"spurs,not to heavy at 17lbs.

WV TURKEY THUG

Congrats heard 4 this morning 2 of them gobbled till around ten then things got quite. It was a nice day to be in the woods.

eddie234

Congrats. Wish I was going out in the morning but I gotta work.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

MAKEemQUIVER

Go Big Blue!!!!!!

WV Ridge Reaper

WildSpur

Good way to finish!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

beagler

Never Misses

DirtNap647

Gooserbat

Congrats, and BTW it's always easier to carry a 17 lbs bird than a 24.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

trkycaller

tomstopper

boomer