turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tru glo sights

Started by bigbird, May 16, 2013, 10:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbird

I was curious what anyone knew about tru glo  tru bead sites that you bolted onto the rib of your shotgun barrel? I shoot a Bonelli super Black Eagle II and need to correct where is my pattern is going, I don't like scopes on a shotgun I just don't like scopes. So I'm trying to go around having to use a scope I'm open to anyone suggestions on how to get this pattern to move about 9 inches! Thanks

remmy1187

I am using the Truglo Pro series magnum gobble dot and I like them, they seem solid and work well.  Williams Gun sight co. also makes a good one called the Universal vent rib slugger that would be a good choice and looks similar to the truglo true point extreme which also looks to be a good sight.  I used the true bead in the past and did not like the rear sight design.

Mike Honcho

I use the Tru Glo Pro Series Magnum Gobble Dot sights too...like them because they use small allen screws to clamp tight to rib...mine are on a 10 ga BPS. 

surehuntsalot

I have the Tru Glo sights on both my 20 and 12ga turkey guns
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Uncle Tom

Bigbid, have been using the Tru Glo Mangum Gobble Dot on a couple of my guns for several years now and my grandson also has them on his 20ga. You can't go wrong with them and it will make it a lot easier getting on that bird in the heat of the moment. Once you practice with them it will come second nature to put that red bead on that bird right between those 2 green rear fibers on rear sight. Plus, you will naturally hold your cheek down on that stock as you line up for the shot, because you have conditioned that mind for that with a little practice and it is almost impossible to not be holding correctly. These are made of steel and when attached to the rib they do not move. Just do not over tighten them..you could strip the inside of the screw where the allen wrench tightens screw up, then you cannot tighten and screw will be to replace. Had to order one from Tru Glo once because of over tightening. Another thing, the fibers are on their site for replacement if you want different colors...have a spare pack for mine. Now for that pattern that is off 9", just remember if it is shooting to the right, move the rear sight to the left to correct...this will move your pattern to the left. If shooting to the left, move rear sight to the right. Same with high or low shooting..just move rear sight the opposite of where it is hitting. Hope this helps, and be sure to purchase correct size for your guns rib...they come in different sizes. What I like about them is they don't add much weight to your setup like a scope does, and they just make for a better looking gun. Good luck, let us know what happens with that first bird you pop with them.

Gooserbat

The Magnum Gobble Dot sights are as good as your going to get.  There are other sights made by Truglo but they are not the same.  The Williams Fire sights are imho a solid second.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

coyote1

I have the tru-bead turkey extreme , it has 2 rear sights. A regular one and a ghost ring peep. Any of the sights mentioned are rugged and dependable.

budtripp

I use the magnum gobble dot sights on my SBEII, no complaints here. They work great and built pretty solid, although I did manage to break one of the fibers while hunting. Truglo sent me a bunch of extras at no charge.

M Sharpe

I've been using Hi-Viz for years, the one that look like a Winchester 94 site. I tried the gobble dots and did not like them. Due to my eyes not being as good as they once were, I'm going to a red dot reflex site next year. Virtually weightless.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Woodsman4God

Quote from: Gooserbat on May 23, 2013, 05:07:44 PM
The Magnum Gobble Dot sights are as good as your going to get.  There are other sights made by Truglo but they are not the same.  The Williams Fire sights are imho a solid second.

I flip flopped the two and preferred the williams over the truglo howver they are both darn good sights

archery1

EVER TRY A MUELLER QUICK SHOT ?
Take a kid hunting

lightsoutcalls

I'm a Williams Firesight fan.  I had a TruGlo sight for the first couple of years on my turkey gun.  It had a long flourescent fiber on the front sight.  While in transport to hunt 2 different seasons, the front fiber broke and fell out of the sight.  That is not something that you want to happen when you pull up on a gobbler...   :o 

I have had the Williams sights for about 4-5 years now and am very pleased.  If you opt for the Williams sights, be sure to use red loctite on the screw on the rear ramp sight. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

MKMGOBL

Another fan of Williams Fire Sights :icon_thumright: I used the Tru-Glo sights back in the 2003 and had the same issue with two different sights so I switched to Williams fire Sight. Been happy ever since ;D Worked great on my SBE II and M2

I learned last year talking with the owner of Williams Fire Sights that they have been making the sight parts for Tru-Glo since 2004.  :laugh: probably after the issue I had with my Tru-Glo sight came to light ::) I must add though, I know guys that use the Tru-Glo Magnum sight and they have not had any issues or the issue I had at all. Good luck :)

"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

ILHUNTER

I just recently purchased the Truglo ProSeries magnum gobbler site, haven't shot it yet but I have it mounted and seems to be fit well and be a rugged sight.

Illini Tom

i've had tru-glo fiber optic sights on the ol mossberg for about 20 years and see no need to change.
pulled up on a tom once a few years back and one of the optic tubes on the back sight was missing. killed him anyway and found the missing piece on the way back to the truck where i crossed a fence; super-glued it back on and have been good ever since.  :icon_thumright: